• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

radpadz? help me

justride

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
120
any one have any ideas for a good mousing surface? i wanted a ratpads but i have a certificate for newegg and they are sold out, what other paeds do they have that are good?
 
One suggestion - get some teflon tape for your mouse feet in addition to the pad. The difference the tape makes is as big or bigger than the surface will make.

Right now, I'm using a cheapie X-Trac pad with teflon on the feet of my M$ mouse. Works great....:cool: You can get both the tape and pad from the egg....inexpensively.

Regards - B.B.S.
 
Ratpadz wear out really fast....I love their pads though....for ummmm, about 6 months then its time for a new one. I wish they would make something that can handle some hardcore use.
 
Highlife said:
Ratpadz wear out really fast....I love their pads though....for ummmm, about 6 months then its time for a new one. I wish they would make something that can handle some hardcore use.
my ratpadz is wearing out but the worn out parts work better then the untouched areas of the pad... being worn down is bad...how? :confused:
 
ryuji said:
my ratpadz is wearing out but the worn out parts work better then the untouched areas of the pad... being worn down is bad...how? :confused:

My is worn down to flat...no texture left....so when I run my mouse over it, it has more resistance then the non worn out portion. After moving you mouse over the non worn part, to the worn part, my mouse sticks for a sec.
 
Highlife said:
My is worn down to flat...no texture left....so when I run my mouse over it, it has more resistance then the non worn out portion. After moving you mouse over the non worn part, to the worn part, my mouse sticks for a sec.
but it appears that with mine the worn area sticks less.. or do you think its just a illusion
 
IMO Spending $40 on a mousepad is insane (like that glass one)

I would just get like, one of the free ones you get in magazins.

If you really want a nice one, just get a radpadzz or whatever.
 
Hate_Bot said:
IMO Spending $40 on a mousepad is insane (like that glass one)

I would just get like, one of the free ones you get in magazins.

If you really want a nice one, just get a radpadzz or whatever.

I dunno .....if it will last 4x as long as a ratpad, then in my eyes its worth it.
 
what is so special about the glass one that i cant drive down to local hardware store and make one..its not like the mx-1000 cant track on bare glass :p
 
Highlife said:
I dunno .....if it will last 4x as long as a ratpad, then in my eyes its worth it.

What Im saying is that spending anny amount of money on a mousepad is unnnecisary, Unless your table is made of concrete. If its smooth wood or glas, then whats the point?
 
I still have my original ratpad, and it's in great shape. Very good pad.. I just replaced it with an icemat rev 2, and the difference is light and day. The icemat is not as slick as a freshly pledged rat pad.. but to be honest, it's hard to control being super slick. makes it REALLY hard to stop when needed.

The icemat is very easy to move around on, but gives enough traction to make quick stops when needed. Tracking is FAR better on my icemat than the ratpad.. My ratpad would often confuse my MX500, and make the cursor jitter.. not so on the icemat (course I also just replaced my mx500 with a razor diamondback, so it's an entire different ball game now).. Icemat tracks VERY accurately, and is very smooth..

Well worth the money for it over my ratpad. After I use my icemat alittle bit more and get really used to it (only had it for about 2 weeks), I'm going to whip out the rat pad and see how the difference feels going the other way.. that way I can determine which is the better pad..
 
I have an Icemat black 2nd ed. It's a very good pad, especially I like the gliding, it's awsome.
Right now I'm using a Steelpad QcK also a very good surface, a huge cloth pad.
 
I don't see the problem with buying a decent mousepad. People may think its unnecessary however if your a frequent gamer, mousepads are pretty important. I've owned the Ratpadz GS mousepad and can conclude that I don't like. Wears out too fast and it looked like it was eating away at the bottom of my mouse. I've also owned Icemat 2 Edition and Steelpad 4S but they tend to make this 'stratchey' noise which can become very annoying in a quiet environment. However performance and tracking is mint, if the annoying sound wasn't there, I would've kept the Icemat for sure.

Currently using the X-Ray Thunder9 Mousepad (smooth version). Mint surface and is reliable. Also coupled with some decent mouse skates, makes performance even better.

For a cloth mousepad I can definately recommend the X-Raypad Aqua3 mousepad. Smooth surface and very large. Trust me, you definately won't run out of space using this mousepad. Also quite cheap too.

www.x-raypad.com - Check it out if your keen.
 
with teflon tape on the mouse, I don't have any scratchy noses on my icemat. Not to the point where it's a deterrent. I've heard good things about the x-ray pads too.. also the razer exactmat is supposed to be really nice as well..
 
Func or a Razer Xactmat
They're both basically the same surface, except the xactmat seems much sturdier as it is bonded to a piece of aluminum instead of plasic. Either way, they're both great surfaces
 
Back
Top