Radiators

Xero

n00b
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
4
I am torn between which radiator I should buy, the Dtek ProCore Jr., or the Black Ice Xtreme Rev. 2 any help would be greatly apprciated.
 
If you want to save some money and you like DIY, just buy a heater core or oil cooler and make the rad yourself. I bought a B&M oil cooler with threaded openings and was able to screw 1/2" ID nylon barbs right into them. The advantage of oil coolers is the huge variety of sizes and shapes. The disadvantage is that they don't transfer heat quite as well as heater cores. I have found the best place for variety and price is ebay.
 
I used an oil cooler for the unique size and shape. It fits perfectly inside my window AC unit. With the AC on full, I see load temps of 27*-29* C.
 
Originally posted by cgrant26
I used an oil cooler for the unique size and shape. It fits perfectly inside my window AC unit. With the AC on full, I see load temps of 27*-29* C.

Sounds like you're ready to take the next step and build a water chiller. Get in that negative ºC range :)
 
i have a d-tek pro core.. the regular one.. if ya have enough room ya might wanna check into that.. how does the old one compare with the new jr? i havent had any experience with it...

btw, welcome to the forums :D
 
Back
Top