Radiator question..

Hello,

Looking for advice on how many radiators would be recommended for my build:

Fractal Designs Define S case
i7 6700k
gigabyte Gtx 1080 g1
EVGA 850w g2

I would be doing one loop for the cpu and gpu. My case can fit up to a 360mm rad in the top and the front. Just wondering what you guys think i would need.

Thanks

It seems as though you could get away with a single high end 360mm radiator, depending on how much fan noise you were willing to put up with. Most of us that use multiple rads do so so we can spin the fans much lower and still maintain good cooling.

It seems as though you could get away with a single high end 360mm radiator, depending on how much fan noise you were willing to put up with. Most of us that use multiple rads do so so we can spin the fans much lower and still maintain good cooling.

Okay, so it would make more sense to do two 360mm rads then. Also at what point will i have to worry about a negative pressure. With two rads I would have 3 120mm intake, 3 120mm exhaust,and a 140mm exhaust at the back of the case. Could I speed up the intakes some to combat this or would i have to add another inatke somehow?

Just play with fan speeds a little and use incense or some other smoke to see if it's sucking air through the gaps (negative pressure).

Back