• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Radiator placement and water temp ? ?

prdfy

n00b
Joined
Aug 14, 2005
Messages
24
I'm confused about the radiator placement. While I'd like to have everything inside the case, I'm worried that all the heat coming off the radiator(s) will increase the case temp to the point where the water cannot be cooled sufficiently.

I will be using the Swiftech H20-120 kit and adding a second radiator/fan to the loop. If I install it as they suggest, I'll have one radiator in the front, sucking air in over the radiator and into the case. And one in the back, mounted either inside (using the hot case air to cool the radiator) or outside attached by the Rad Box. A radiator mounted outside should be cooled better, but the fan is still going to be drawing some hot air from the case and power supply exhaust.

Is there a way to monitor the water temp? I've seen the thermaltake t-type sensor, but I read a review on it and the temp probe would restrict the water flow.
 
Back
Top