Radiator is leaking need suggestion on replacement

guitarguy6

[H]ard|Gawd
So I don't know how it happened but my Thermochill 120.3 is leaking. I haven't checked out watercooling components since I put together my current loop 3 years ago and need suggestions on a replacement. I'm currently running a 2600k and don't plan on WC my video card since I upgrade pretty much every year. I think I want to go to a dual 12cm rad instead of the triple I have now. Any suggestions?

Any 120x2 radiator will be enough for a CPU only loop. Are you looking for bling, best bang for the buck, or performance?

Doesn't really matter for CPU only. 2x120 is overkill even, but overkill is better than not enough.

I'm assuming the leak is from the fin area, not around the barbs?

It is leaking from somewhere inside the fins. Looking for best bang for the buck. I originally bought the triple rad thinking I was going to watercool my video card(s) but I just upgrade to often. Is the swiftech Swiftech MCR220-XP any good?

If you're cooling CPU only, I would look at the QP series rather than the XP. The QP will do better with low speed fans. Other options include the XSPC RX series, and I would also give the Black Ice SR-1 series a look as well.

Looking for best bang for the buck

Swiftech MCR220-QP or XSPC RS240 are good options for you. If you want to move to a thicker radiator (won't really have any benefit for you) the aforementioned XSPC RX240 is another good option. The Black Ice SR-1 240 is only if you want bling (as it's significantly more expensive).

I actually have a spare RX240 lying around that I was going to throw up on the for sale forums next week if you're interested haha.

Back