Radiator Inlet Orientation Question

lostiam2

n00b
I just bought 2x MCR320 and I was wonder which way should I mount them on the back of my pc. Inlets on the top, or inlets on the bottom? Or does it really matter at all? I already have holes in my case for the inlets to be on the bottom, so I'm hoping that it won't matter, but if it does guess I'll have to drill new holes.

I just bought 2x MCR320 and I was wonder which way should I mount them on the back of my pc. Inlets on the top, or inlets on the bottom? Or does it really matter at all? I already have holes in my case for the inlets to be on the bottom, so I'm hoping that it won't matter, but if it does guess I'll have to drill new holes.

For the MCR series, having the inlet/outlet on the bottom makes it a tad bit harder/longer to bleed. Other than that, it shouldn't matter.

If you mount it with ports up, make sure they aren't at the highest point in your loop or any air that's in your system will gather there. After the loop is bled, it won't matter much. I have 2xMCR120, both mounted with ports down and I have no issues.

Back