Radiator Fans????

Coloredtoad

Weaksauce
Looking for the best fans for my Radiator. Little back story, I got 3 Scythe gentle typhoons at 5400rpm. I figured i would be able to slow them down with a fan controller, Not a chance. I got a Lamptron FC2 and it does nothing to slow them down. So after days of ripping my hair out i noticed on the box 5400rpm Min on the box. SIGH:mad: So I'm guessing you can't control them with any controller. Now here we are with my question. What is the best 120mm x 120mm x 25mm fan that is controllable via a fan controller. The lamptron FC2 can handle 45 watts per channel. Thanks for any suggestions :D P.S once i get my new fans i will probably be selling the gentle typhoons for cheap.

Figured i would be able to turn them down. Thinking if i could and they were not to loud at say half speed it would be a win win (The 1850s are never in stock and werent when i bought the 5400s)

1450s are loud enough...i have mine on a controller. No need to buy 5400rpm fans. I cant even imagine how loud they were.

With the 3 of them going it was louder then a space shuttle launch. So the 1450's and 1850's you can turn the rpm up and down with fan controller??

I'm running 6 1850 gt's in my build all on a fan controler and you can barley hear them when there turned all the way down. Even turned all the way up I still dont think there bad. Its a air moving sound thats not anouying. The 1850's are in stock at frozencpu at the moment.

Yes i am currently running my Scythe GT 1450's around 1000rpms with a simple, single molex fan controller.

Your fan controller didn't slow down your 5400rpm Gentle Typhoons?That's very odd.
The 4250 rpm GT's can be speed controlled according to reviews. Yours shouldn't be any different.

I am using a couple of these on a Lian Li T60 test bench so they are right out in the open...I dig 'em...I think I only paid 24.00 ea , salty , but I think they do what they say they do...

http://www.frys.com/product/6473862?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

DSCF6770.jpg

DSCF6771.jpg

Last edited:
Your fan controller didn't slow down your 5400rpm Gentle Typhoons?That's very odd.
The 4250 rpm GT's can be speed controlled according to reviews. Yours shouldn't be any different.

Nope Got Lamptron FC2 plenty of watts and didnt work. Just ran full speed. On the fan box i noticed other day it says 5400min. Figured you could still reduce speed via controller and people have said you can on forums and thru emails. Guess not:confused:

So i got 3 Gentle Typhoon AP15's and the fan controller actually works!!! So im wondering why wont the controller work with the 5400's???(#D1225C12BBAP-31):confused:

Back