Radiator Damage

CRXican

[H]ard|Gawd
Found a deal I couldn't pass up on the older Swiftech Extreme Duty WC kit on Ebay. Advertised as unused. For the most part it looks like this is true despite the base of the Storm being in a crappier condition than a Storm I had previously that was flawless. But for now, that's besides the point.

The box arrived undamaged but my rad has a dent in the end tank. The pics below (pardon the blur) show how minor it seems to be. I don't want to hassle the seller but this is something he should have noticed and should have mentioned.

The important question is, will this effect performance at all or should I just use it?
Rad 1
Rad 2
Rad 3

Ouch.

Run some water thru it. That should tell you.

thanks for the input

do you know if the BIP II will work with the Swiftech radbox?

I was out in the garage working on my latest watercool project and knocked my BIX.1 off the work bench onto the concrete garage floor. It hit right on the corner and dented pretty good. It holds water, I used it anyway.

Mark305TBI said:
I was out in the garage working on my latest watercool project and knocked my BIX.1 off the work bench onto the concrete garage floor. It hit right on the corner and dented pretty good. It holds water, I used it anyway.
so there's no sloshing or noticable reduction in flow?

You will not notice any effects from that dent. I wouldn't worry about it any further. Look at it, there is no way that will have a measureable effect on flow, overall that area is so much larger that the nozzle.

Fugit about it.

i would suggest cleaning it internally throughly with vinegar or some other organic acid product like (CLR?).. not sure .. i use white vinegar.. check xtreme systems for more info.

mal

CRXican said:
so there's no sloshing or noticable reduction in flow?
Well, I don't have a flow meter or anything, but it's not dented that bad. No sloshing noises, for sure.

Back