Radeonx1800 Pro Benchmarks!

Funny, I Don't see them on this forum, but I didn't search all forums.

Here is their conclusion.

Overall it looks like the Radeon X1800 XT is good match for the GeForce 7800GTX, although in most games the GTX clearly takes the lead. The Radeon X1800 Pro is slightly slower than the GeForce 7800 GT, although not by much. Considering the fact that we’ve used a top-of-the-line AMD Athlon FX57 processor, with 1GB of OCZ DDR400 memory on the popular Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard your mileage may vary, we honestly don’t know how these cards will do in a lower spec-ed system. With more pipelines, 24 vs. 16, the GeForce 7800 GT and GTX should have the advantage here.

I am not surprised, oh well, I never planned on spending money this generation, next summer is upgrade time for me.

I guess I'll just wait for the admin to delete the thread.
it seems the other one just turned into a flame war... :eek:

El Barto said:
I guess I'll just wait for the admin to delete the thread.
it seems the other one just turned into a flame war... :eek:

Which is totally natural. This product has been "hyped" for well over a year as the nVIDIA slay-ya. Now that evidence is strongly showing that it's not a slay-ya, but exceeded in a number of benchies (some it compares at or slightly exceeds) a GTX, the f-an-bo-yz are seriously peeved and lashing out irrationally.

They'll continue to do this after the release but will taper off after a couple of months after that when it's been proven over and over and over again.

I think people are peeved because those benchmarks are possibly cooked....

For those who don't read the front page:
"Posted by Kyle 10:31 AM (CDT)
Vapor-Hardware Analysis:
Sander Sassen of HardwareAnalysis.com looks as if he might have gotten caught putting out a video card "review" of a product he never had. DriverHeaven has a good write-up for those not wishing to read a novel. It does seem that Sander feels as though his opinion of ATI impacts the world market though. This is what he had to say after he was excluded from an ATI event.

So you're telling me I'm not invited is that it? I feel an ATI column coming up, lets see if we can drop the stock price shall we?

You can find Sander’s recap of the events here. And you can even find ATI responding about the situation.

I was one of the first people to hire Sander back in the late 90's. We split ways after he concocted and idea that I had stolen his heatsink designs and sold it to the Taiwanese. To this day I still have never figured out what exactly got him thinking that. It is sad that Hardware Analysis has sunken to the level that it has. They used to be a good site to visit. I have to say that many times I did not agree with Sander’s opinion on hardware, but it is always a good thing to see something from another point of view. Now you have to wonder how many times his point of view was totally unfounded.

Undoubtedly, with so many hardware websites active, it is hard to be first at anything anymore, especially if you "play by the rules." That said, we made up our minds a long time ago that we would rather be right than first when it comes to debut hardware. And while some sites have no credibility as they are fall directly into the tabloid category, it is not them that worry me. Most people can look at those sites and know fully that they deal more in rumor mongering and fiction writing than much anything else. Sites like Hardware Analysis crossing the line do a ton more damage to the industry. I would hope you would be getting solid information from someone like Sander, but apparently that may not be the case. Interestingly enough, TheInquirer refers to Sander Sassen as, “OUR GOOD colleague.”

Now is the time for Sander to buck up and take his licks before he digs a really big hole that his small website will never have the power to get out of. And on this, I speak from experience.
"

Has The Card Actually Been Released Yet. No. So Stop Reading And Putting So Much Stock Into These Useless And Fake Benchmarks. They Are All Fake.

Monster the benchmarks are all fake. Everyone knows its real world performance that counts anyways.

am i correct? that's one terrible benchmark scores. right? only one here? x1800 working almost the same as my x850xtpe...

HighTest said:
Which is totally natural. This product has been "hyped" for well over a year as the nVIDIA slay-ya. Now that evidence is strongly showing that it's not a slay-ya, but exceeded in a number of benchies (some it compares at or slightly exceeds) a GTX, the f-an-bo-yz are seriously peeved and lashing out irrationally.

They'll continue to do this after the release but will taper off after a couple of months after that when it's been proven over and over and over again.

Sorry, there is no "evidence" of this. In fact, there is more reason to believe these are not real, than real. Please dont believe everything you read on the internet.

fallguy said:
Sorry, there is no "evidence" of this. In fact, there is more reason to believe these are not real, than real. Please dont believe everything you read on the internet.

What?!?!?!? :eek: The internet's never lied to me before.....

*pets my bottle of e-penis enhancer*

I'd love to see where or how he's getting his Doom 3 benchmarks!?!

Is it just me or does 23.5 fps at 1280 x 1024 4xAA 8xAF on a X850XT PE seem really low??

Im just comparing it to the stable 60fps i get with my setup, plus even with a shed load of action going on it doesnt drop much below 40fps.

All the 'results' he's got seem low though, but i can only compare what card i have with full confidence....

phew... I was getting worried there. I mean if the real beachmarks are close to that. Then ATi is done for.

Hopefully we will HAVE SOME real beachmarks from our trusty review site HardOCP.com :D

Im waiting until the card is released and when real benchmarks are out. What Im wondering is what kind of wattage one is going to need to run the R520?

monster.under.thebed said:

.............................................____,,,---~`\,.............. ...........................................................
................................,,,_.,-~"* . . . . . . . . ."\,.......................................................... ...............
.............................,/` . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "\, ............................................................ ..........
......................... ,/. . . . : : : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :\‘-,...................... ...........................................
....................... ./. . . .: . :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : ::: ‘-, ................. ..............................................
......................,/ . . . : . :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : :: ‘-, ............... ............................................
...................,-/‘ : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : : : :: : : :::: :::: ::::::’;............... ...........................................
......... *""\'''~~~~-______________________,,,,,,,,,,,,----~""""""""`/""*........................................
............ \,/\,/'\,,/"\,,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/"\,/"\,/"\,/"\.,-"-/...............................................
.............."~~-,,_____,,,,__________,,,,,,,,_____________,,,,---~"...............................................
……………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _,,_ ; ; ;¯’-,…………………………………..
…………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’_ ¯’-,\ ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………………
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-~’’’’’~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-‘;;;’, : :||; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………………….
……….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘/ :,-~’’~, : ‘,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,-‘ : // ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………………..
……..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,| : ‘-,;;;;,-‘ : /’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯’’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,……………………………
…….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,,___,,-~’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………………….
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,;;’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-………………………….
……,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |…………………………
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-‘,;;;;|’’-~ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………
......| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;---,,,,,,,_,,,,-~’’, ‘-,;;;| ,,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’~-,,,_ , , , , , , ‘,;,’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;\……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,~-,, , ,,’’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
……’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’-,,¯’’;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,_,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,………………………
…….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………..
……..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; \…………………….
………\ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………
……….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|……………………
………..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………….
………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,--~~--,, ; ; ; ; ;,--------,, ; ,--~, ; ; ,,-~, ; ;,--,,;,,-~~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………..
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’ . ,,--,, . ‘-, ; ; ; ;| . ,-,, . ‘, | . . | ; ;’-, . .\,,/ . ./’-,,--, . ‘, ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………………
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; | . .,’ ; ; ;’, . .| ; ; ; | . .’-‘ . ,-‘ | . . | ; ; ; ‘-, . . .,-‘ ; ;,-‘ . ,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………….
…………’, ; ; ; ; ; ;’, . ‘-,__,-‘ . ,’ ; ; ; | . .|\ . .\ . | . . |___ ; ;} . . / ; ; ;’----‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………….
………….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,,_ . ._,,-‘ ; ; ; ; |__| .\__\ ;|_____/ ; ;/__/ ; ; ; ; (¯) ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………
…….......’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………

^^WHAT THE FUCK

Lestang said:
Has The Card Actually Been Released Yet. No. So Stop Reading And Putting So Much Stock Into These Useless And Fake Benchmarks. They Are All Fake.

Stop Capitolizing The First Letter Of Every Word.

Back