Radeon X850 XT AGP $249.99

wyzakr

n00b
Microcenter from their flyer and in store. $299.99 with a $50 mail in rebate. The reabte from them is valid for purchases through 1/31/06, but the sale price (regular $399.99, is only valid till 12/4/05.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=217999

Make sure you are referencing SKU 582528, otherwise you will get their regular priced item.

Yes it is AGP, but I don't intend to jump to PCI-E for some time still.

microcenter also has the x850 pro for $179. atleast here in dallas anyway, some anniversary sale

usualpulp said:
microcenter also has the x850 pro for $179. atleast here in dallas anyway, some anniversary sale
Too bad it's not happening in California... (sob)

Phelptwan said:
Damnit I just ordered a x800xt from newegg for 260AR.

Same here but an AIW x800xt from mwave.com for $296, oh well figured it would make my current setup a nice HTPC when desktop dual core Pentium M hits.

This is definetly the performance card that I am looking for to complete my agp rig (will retire it when I need more power). As I am still using a 9700pro.

Should I expect other stores to also offer this card for 250 before xmas (I have had nothing but aweful experiences at the OP,KS Microcenter - ie, bought a camera & it had the wrong one in the box)?

What time frame should I expect till this card drops to an even lower price (3months? 6months? never?)?

seems like a good deal, I've been waiting for a 6800gt but I will probably get this.
copied it over to Fatwallet.

they got it in store too?
so basically 265 with tax?

and how much slower is this to a x850xt pe?
and I got a 6800gt..
good upgrade?

:confused:

From what I understand this card should fall somewhere in between a 6800u and a 7800gtx

umcpgrad said:

and how much slower is this to a x850xt pe?
and I got a 6800gt..
good upgrade?

:confused:
personal opinion: if you already got a 6800gt, then i don't think the performance difference between the 6800gt and the x850xt is worth $250.

however, if you could sell-off the 6800gt for at least $200 (or more), then this would be worth doing.

umcpgrad said:
I called my local Microcenter ahead of time to verify they had it (GA). There was no indication of them on the shelf. I had to ask someone to get it from the secret back room for me. Apparently they are afraid of these things walking away.

Your tax rate mileage may vary. $299.99 x 5% tax - $50 rebate + $0.37 for the stamp.
Total $265.36.

purchased ! ... muchas gracias

watch for the tax hit, its 5.99 standard shipping, but 25.24 tax :( .. poo

My total came to 331.22 ... after the $50 MIR it should be $281.22 for a X850 XT, which is mad sweetness :)

PriceWatch.com has the cheapest one on their site at $363 (including shipping) ... but I bet they wont get hooked by the focking $25.24 tax hit :(

Thanks.. I guess for the agp solution.. I guess the limit for me is still 6800gt..

Iria said:
watch for the tax hit, its 5.99 standard shipping, but 25.24 tax

Guess I got lucky they don't have a store in MO, but I can go across to kansas to get in store stuff. Although I'm still hesistant if I should just wait to go PCI-E

hey guys, you might be able to make it hotter if you somehow sign up for their visa credit card, I think it is 100 dollars off of 400 or something like that.. :confused:

deal still active in my local MC ad
says prices good til 12-24

so is this a good deal?

I was thinking of an upgrade for system in my sig

Bender_Unit_22 said:
so is this a good deal?

The only AGP card that is better is the X850XT PE...~$370+ on the web.
For $250 you could clock this one to PE speeds.

Bender_Unit_22 said:
deal still active in my local MC ad
says prices good til 12-24

so is this a good deal?

I was thinking of an upgrade for system in my sig

Definitely a good deal...that is if you wish to remain with AGP. If you plan on going PCI-E within the year I think you should hold off.

probably can't afford to upgrade my whole system anytime soon

but when I do was thinking of turning this box into a HT system

so maybe still worth it to have a good card

Back