"Radeon X1950 Pro Secondary"

camelass

Limp Gawd
Why does my system install a secondary display driver as a "PCI" device? I ended up un-installing this driver and rebooted then it wants to reinstall it. I let it reinstall then just disabled it in the device manager. I noticed that if this driver is installed my screen flickers when booting into windows.

I see. Well does anyone else have a X1950 Pro and have a secondary display driver installed? Is there a way to prevent windows from installing it? I have no use for a dual monitor setup.
Also what drivers should I install? Right now I have catalyst 6.12 installed. Drivers only. I had 7.7 installed with CCC but it gave me piss poor performance. Right now im doing x3 better than my old 6600gt. I was just wondering if any of the newer drivers give better performance.

I've always had two, as well. 2 with an X700, 2 with an X800 Mobile, and 2 with an X1900GT.

Ok I got this all straightened out. Next question. I have ATI Tray Tools installed. I have no interest in overclocking, but I am interested in knowing what the temp of by video card is. How can I do this with ATI Tray tools? Do I have to have overclocking enabled? And if I do how do I enable it?

EDIT: Ok I figured out how to enable the overclocking but i dont know how to show the temp of my card? Also, how do you load a custom 3d profile on startup? I have to manually load one every time my system boots.

Ok I got this all straightened out. Next question. I have ATI Tray Tools installed. I have no interest in overclocking, but I am interested in knowing what the temp of by video card is. How can I do this with ATI Tray tools? Do I have to have overclocking enabled? And if I do how do I enable it?

EDIT: Ok I figured out how to enable the overclocking but i dont know how to show the temp of my card? Also, how do you load a custom 3d profile on startup? I have to manually load one every time my system boots.

Use ATi Tool instead. You'll find it easier to use, specially to what you want to do (i.e. temps monitoring).

Back