Radeon X1950 Pro- Below $300's GPU

AGP version be cool, I'm sitting here reading the thread on machines with 256 meg RAM video cards being sluggish.... then the confirmation of credit charge comes through from the egg... opps forgot about > memory ='d better... crap!

My box sould be the "classic" good upgrade deal, dual core P4 D 930. C2D systems better off just running straight WU's, these chips will be out produced 24/7 by GPU's.

marty9876 said:
AGP version be cool, I'm sitting here reading the thread on machines with 256 meg RAM video cards being sluggish.... then the confirmation of credit charge comes through from the egg... opps forgot about > memory ='d better... crap!

My box sould be the "classic" good upgrade deal, dual core P4 D 930. C2D systems better off just running straight WU's, these chips will be out produced 24/7 by GPU's.

you bought one?

zim01 said:
you bought one?

I didn't pick up on that the first time I read his post. My brain was (unsuccessfully) trying to decipher his shorthand.

zim01 said:
you bought one?

yea, they have pics up this morning on neweggs web site, it's blue!

Not sure where the hot air comes out of the card, unlike you... :D

14-102-061-02.JPG

just funning with ya...glad you are getting one..................finally

Ahh nice looking, looks like it's time to build a new machine, again. Soon as the R600 boards drop that is.

so tell me where this 512 mb version is for 229!!!!! also, what brand do you all think has the best track record, Powercolor, just ATi, sapphire? any others?? do they all have good exchange warranty plans.. I still like evga lifelong warranty and am still leaning towards a 7900gs

If you were to buy this card, which brand would you pick?

marty9876 said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121031

165 bucks for that sucker. ATI 1950 Pro/256 meg card.

I think there is a ATI 1950 Pro/512 meg card for MSRP of $229.00 someplace, I should have wated and bought that one... whoops.

Wow nice find! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I could care less if it has 256 or 512 if I'm putting it in a folding box.
Dammit ATI is a Canadian company, we should get this stuff here first!

JacobC1983 said:
so tell me where this 512 mb version is for 229!!!!! also, what brand do you all think has the best track record, Powercolor, just ATi, sapphire? any others?? do they all have good exchange warranty plans.. I still like evga lifelong warranty and am still leaning towards a 7900gs

If you were to buy this card, which brand would you pick?

http://www.mvktech.net/content/view/3420/48/

I don't know poo about all the different brands.

Sapphire usually makes the Built By ATI cards, so I'd say you can't go wrong with them. Other then that, whoever has the best warranty. Too bad ATI doesn't have anyone like EVGA with lifetime warranties and step up programs.

marty9876 said:

Not quite as sexy as Ruby, but she'll do in a pinch. Although, looking at the card in hand right now.......... Look what brown did for me today! Stop, must put build together now! A little afternoon delight! :p

Macaholic said:
Not quite as sexy as Ruby, but she'll do in a pinch. Although, looking at the card in hand right now.......... Look what brown did for me today! Stop, must put build together now! A little afternoon delight! :p

these R570 or R580 chipset? I think that might be important....

Back