• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Radeon HD 7750 GSoD

  • Thread starter Deleted member 162929
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 162929

Guest
I have the HIS iCooler Radeon HD 7750 1GB and am experiencing the 'Gray Screen of Death'. I thought it was a defective card so I RMA'd it with Newegg for a new one. In less that 12 hours of operation, it occurred on the new one as well. Nothing in my system is overclocked, and temps are normal. I wasn't doing anything intensive at the time, just playing music in Windows Media Center. It has to be an issue with the driver or the HiS 7750 line itself I'm thinking. This is my first experience with AMD since back when I had a 9250. I'm on the 12.10 drivers now, about to try the 12.11 beta drivers. Other than that, anything else I can do? What have others who have experienced this before done?
 
best way to fix it is run msi afterburner, change the 2D memory clock profile to the 3D clock speed, should solve the gray screen of death. also look and see if maybe HIS has a firmware/bios update for the card.
 
best way to fix it is run msi afterburner, change the 2D memory clock profile to the 3D clock speed

Out of curiosity, what's the reasoning behind that? Also, that will increase the idle temps of the card correct?

Another idea that was proposed to me was that it's the PSU. While my PSU is of sufficient wattage; it's some no name brand that came with my case. Because it's TFX form factor though, I stuck with it. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't supplying 'clean power' to the card. So I hooked up a better ATX PSU for now and am waiting to see if it still occurs. If it doesn't, I'll give your suggestion a go. Thanks.
 
Out of curiosity, what's the reasoning behind that? Also, that will increase the idle temps of the card correct?

Another idea that was proposed to me was that it's the PSU. While my PSU is of sufficient wattage; it's some no name brand that came with my case. Because it's TFX form factor though, I stuck with it. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't supplying 'clean power' to the card. So I hooked up a better ATX PSU for now and am waiting to see if it still occurs. If it doesn't, I'll give your suggestion a go. Thanks.

yeah its quite possible the PSU being the issue. now that i've sat here thinking about it i think the actual fix for the GSoD was actually increasing the gpu voltage. ram change was for the flashing second monitor.. i think this means i should probably go to sleep, lol.
 
Lol, no problem man. Any feedback is appreciated :)
 
Back
Top