• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Radeon HD 5900 coming?

Yeah, no real precedence for the HD 59xx series. Next step up for a single GPU video card is the HD 5890.
 
Look at the quote in the article though.

"ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series" = ati2mtag_Evergreen, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_689C
"ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series " = ati2mtag_Evergreen, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_689D
 
Maybe 5870x2 will be called a 5900 instead. Its the only high end product I've heard of that is near release. Otherwise 5900 would indicate a new ASIC and that seems unlikely for at least a few months. Not that I would complain of course.
 
Computer hardware has a history of making no sense at times . . . especially when the masses need to be good and confused.
 
I wouldnt expect ATI to jump the new Nvidia card unless it is publicly available in most places :)
 
Yay, more new ATI cards. I wonder how much performance increase the 5900 series is going to have. It seems like ATI is the center of attention these days.

I say bring on the 5900 series.
 
I wonder if AMD is going to change their naming schemes, where the 5870X2 will be the 5970, and the 5850X2 is the 5950. If it is a new single GPU card, I wouldn't expect them to release it till Nvida's new card is about to be released, in order to try and steal some headlines.
 
ATI wont release a 5900 until nvidia beats out their 5800 cards. ACE up your sleeve theory....
 
Back
Top