Radeon HD 2600 XT AGP problem... need help

MightyMouse957

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
290
So earlier this week, my computer was running perfectly fine. I left the room, and upon my return I found my monitor blank. Computer was on, monitor was on and had a power signal, but I just got a blank screen. After several restarts and reconnecting the monitor to the GPU, nothing.

So I got an old monitor out. Worked fine. Thought my main monitor died and just went with it.

Yesterday the same thing happened to the replacement monitor. Well I guess it wasn't the monitor after all. After several attempts at reviving the system, the GPU now refuses to give any signal whatsoever. Turn on the computer, the monitors light is on, but no signal, blank screen.

An old graphics card reveals both monitors work fine.

Only thing I've managed to try is plugging the GPU into the PSU's PCIe power connector instead of using the PCIe-4pin power cord that came with the card. Nothing.

I really need this graphics card working and think this is an odd way for the card die... stop working... work on a different monitor, then totally crap out. Is there anything else I should be trying? Could it be my power supply? Odd it would work fine with one GPU and not another though...

Specs:
ABIT AV8 Socket 939 Motherboard
2GB PC3200 RAM
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.25Ghz
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT AGP (Currently swapped out for ATI Radeon 9550 128MB AGP)
 
what psu do you have.. it is possible its no longer able to the power the card.. the only thing i could say to make sure its not the card its self is to try putting it in a different system and see if it works normally..
 
Back
Top