Radeon 9800

DarkDrake

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 10, 2004
Messages
92
Last year I bought a Radeon 9800 NP, assuming like all the rest that I was going to be ready for HL2 and D3 (In which case it looks like I will be). But Now that 9800 Pro's are so damn cheap would it be worth it to upgrade to a 9800 Pro? Im kind of also looking for a good bang/buck nVidia card because of Linux compatability. Any suggestions?
 
you may as well just over clock it

in fact i think you can do a bios flash with no problems
 
The lowest Nvidia card at the moment that will be a good performer is the 6800 non ultra for about $280, newegg has them and I believe they may still be in stock. going from a 9800 non pro to a pro wouldnt be a upgrade in my opinion that would be worth the cash.
 
arockoholic said:
The lowest Nvidia card at the moment that will be a good performer is the 6800 non ultra for about $280, newegg has them and I believe they may still be in stock. going from a 9800 non pro to a pro wouldnt be a upgrade in my opinion that would be worth the cash.
Dont listen to this. You´ll be ok with that 9800np (although you may need to overclock it...)
 
Back
Top