• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Radeon 9800 pro displaying weird stuff

Justin218

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 13, 2001
Messages
77
I just got this radeon 9800 pro "Refurbished" from newegg. I guess I shouldn't have done that. This is what it displays: what the?
It seems to work fine in knoppix and the bios though. So I am not sure if it really is a hardware problem? I even went so far as to starting to install a new windows XP installation on another HD to make sure it wasnt drivers, but the artifacts appeared.
 
I had the same thing happen to me when I OCed my 9800 pro wayyyy too much. My guess is they screwd you some how, whether knowing or not. Yes its a card prob, some one prolly oced it too high, RMAed it, and you got it lol
 
yeah or the card is shorting somehow. A while back, my nvidia card displayed stuff like that after I changed the fan and heatsink. When i put the old fan back on, it was just like that. Turns out, something was touching something. Never found out what but a adjustment fixed it.

....and its not funny when people get screwed.
 
Looks like ram corruption, definate RMA material once you check it out more.

~Adam
 
Back
Top