• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Radeon 9600XT (VIVO question)

TheKAT

n00b
Joined
Nov 27, 2005
Messages
1
I'm thinking of buying the Radeon 9600XT: http://www.infonec.com/site/main.php?module=detail&id=11436 and I have a question about the VIVO connectors.

What Video Out connectors does this video card have? I'm wondering if it would be possible to hook up a PS2 to my computer. The PS2 simply needs to connect to the red, white & yellow video connectors and be plugged into the wall outlet (for power).

Thanks for any info about this, or any other video cards that may have this capability? :)
 
TheKAT said:
I'm thinking of buying the Radeon 9600XT: http://www.infonec.com/site/main.php?module=detail&id=11436 and I have a question about the VIVO connectors.

What Video Out connectors does this video card have? I'm wondering if it would be possible to hook up a PS2 to my computer. The PS2 simply needs to connect to the red, white & yellow video connectors and be plugged into the wall outlet (for power).

Thanks for any info about this, or any other video cards that may have this capability? :)


mine had just the yellow (video) input. It comes with an adaptor to plug in your pc speakers. Personally, I didn't like the way my consoles looked on my monitor. Its tough because the monitor is a digital signal and your ps2 puts out an analog signal.
 
Does your monitor support dual inputs? If so, it's easier to get the VGA adaptor for the PS2.

Otherwise, the 9600XT VIVO will work fine, it will be able to accept composite (yellow plug) or S-Video inputs. The S-Video input will give you a better quality picture on your monitor, it kind of looks like a PS/2 keyboard plug.
 
Back
Top