Radeon 9500 Pro died, now what am I to do with it??

Hyper_Psycho

2[H]4U
Myold 9500 died after three years of weekend usage. (Replaced it with a 6 year old 8500, downgrade ftw!)

The waranty expired so I cannot RMA it.

Is there anything I can do to see some money out of it?

Is there anywhere I can send it to get it repared? ATI did not offer any links to repair services given its out of waranty status.

Is it worth to do anything with it? Any creative thoughts?

Take the GPU off and make a necklace/keychain out of it. If you get a small, but very high powered drill you can probably bore a smooth, small hole in a corner.

Hyper_Psycho said:
Myold 9500 died after three years of weekend usage. (Replaced it with a 6 year old 8500, downgrade ftw!)

The waranty expired so I cannot RMA it.

Is there anything I can do to see some money out of it?

Is there anywhere I can send it to get it repared? ATI did not offer any links to repair services given its out of waranty status.

Is it worth to do anything with it? Any creative thoughts?

Make sure your next card has a lifetime warranty ?

Manny Calavera said:

Good luck with that. No ATI-card manufacturer (including ATI themselves) has a lifetime warranty.

Manny Calavera said:

three years isnt that bad
but given my seldom usage of the computer that it was in, im kind of disappointed!

give it to someone as a christmas gift make sure put it in a 8800gtx box.. and say... "Merry Christmas!, thought long and hard about your gift but here it is" give it with a smirk on your face...

djBon2112 said:
Take the GPU off and make a necklace/keychain out of it. If you get a small, but very high powered drill you can probably bore a smooth, small hole in a corner.

Thats actually a damn good idea, good conversation starter for sure.

I'm with the shoot it crowd. Axe would be satisfying, but big booms win. I'm thinking shotgun. :D

djBon2112 said:

That sounds like a good idea.

Hyper_Psycho said:
women already flock to me, but I guess this will give me +5 flockage attribute :p

this quote is proof that women do not, in fact, flock to you hehe

I like the idea of having it in the kitchen with all the prep utensiles. If Mom (or someone else) asks WHY you have a circuit board in the drawer with the cheese grater and rolling pin, take it out and proceed to chop up a carrot with it. tell 'em it's a Canadian 'thing' and he/she just wouldn't understand.

Melt it down into a ball and then toss it through your favorite a-hole's car window

djBon2112 said:

Anyone that wears a 3-year old GPU around their neck deserves to get a hard ass-kicking right on the spot.

Scream And Fly said:
Anyone that wears a 3-year old GPU around their neck deserves to get a hard ass-kicking right on the spot.

Sorry guy didnt know you where the fashion police... not everyone can afford to wear a G80 like you :p

Head up to a craft store, buy some clock guts and make a classy timepiece for your PC room wall.

blackrino9 said:
Head up to a craft store, buy some clock guts and make a classy timepiece for your PC room wall.

I just flashed on this AWEFUL mental image of some kid walking around with a wrist watch made out of his old video card...

DoggyDaddi said:
I just flashed on this AWEFUL mental image of some kid walking around with a wrist watch made out of his old video card...

ROFL, actually the whole clockpiece for his computer room wall is a pretty good idea though.

OR go gansta style and hang it from a 67 pound gold necklace. Bling bling y'all

:D

blackrino9 said:
OR go gansta style and hang it from a 67 pound gold necklace. Bling bling y'all

:D

flava flav !

blackrino9 said:

that sounds like a good idea
hmmmmm

r00k said:

where can I get me some ?

DoggyDaddi said:
I like the idea of having it in the kitchen with all the prep utensiles. If Mom (or someone else) asks WHY you have a circuit board in the drawer with the cheese grater and rolling pin, take it out and proceed to chop up a carrot with it. tell 'em it's a Canadian 'thing' and he/she just wouldn't understand.

brilliant !

Back