Greetings,
I am trying to upgrade my friends PC with a "used" ATI Radeon 9500 Pro video card. The PC has an AOpen MK33 motherboard with 256MB Ram, and Athlon 1Ghz processor. The problem is that when the PC is "cold", meaning it's been turned off a while, and then turned on it will not always start, it will beep, beep, beep, beep continuously and have no video acting as if the video card is not installed, then if I turn it off and back on, I'll at least get the BIOS screen and maybe the Windows ME splash screen, with some corruption and it hangs there. Recycle the power again and it'll get past the splash screen without corruption but hang on a blank screen. Recycle power yet again and possible get into Windows and hang again.
Here's what I've done so far that has not helped.
0. Reseated video card several times.
1. Tried bigger power supply 300Watts compared to the 235 Watt one.
2. Updated BIOS to R1.17. Loaded Defaults
3. Turned off AGP 4x mode. Turned on AGP Wait State.
3. Updated chipset drivers to lastest version.
4. Updated ATI drivers to lastest versions.
5. Video card works fine in my PC.
6. Tried a Saphire Radeon 9500 with similar results.
7. Original TNT2 card works fine.
Once in Windows it runs ok, but there is polygons flashing on the screen when running Madden 2005. Madden is the whole reason for this upgrade. Also there is corruption when running UT2K3. And neither game is stable. The DirectX diagnostics show polygon corruption when running the Direct3D DirectX 7 interface tests. The weird thing is that the DirectX 8 and 9 Direct3D tests show no corruption.
I've even gone as far as load Windows XP on a separate hard drive and the corruption in the DirectX 7 tests still remains.
Any ideas, I'm guessing it's the motherboard and a compatibility issue with the Radeon 9500 Pro!
Thanks.
I am trying to upgrade my friends PC with a "used" ATI Radeon 9500 Pro video card. The PC has an AOpen MK33 motherboard with 256MB Ram, and Athlon 1Ghz processor. The problem is that when the PC is "cold", meaning it's been turned off a while, and then turned on it will not always start, it will beep, beep, beep, beep continuously and have no video acting as if the video card is not installed, then if I turn it off and back on, I'll at least get the BIOS screen and maybe the Windows ME splash screen, with some corruption and it hangs there. Recycle the power again and it'll get past the splash screen without corruption but hang on a blank screen. Recycle power yet again and possible get into Windows and hang again.
Here's what I've done so far that has not helped.
0. Reseated video card several times.
1. Tried bigger power supply 300Watts compared to the 235 Watt one.
2. Updated BIOS to R1.17. Loaded Defaults
3. Turned off AGP 4x mode. Turned on AGP Wait State.
3. Updated chipset drivers to lastest version.
4. Updated ATI drivers to lastest versions.
5. Video card works fine in my PC.
6. Tried a Saphire Radeon 9500 with similar results.
7. Original TNT2 card works fine.
Once in Windows it runs ok, but there is polygons flashing on the screen when running Madden 2005. Madden is the whole reason for this upgrade. Also there is corruption when running UT2K3. And neither game is stable. The DirectX diagnostics show polygon corruption when running the Direct3D DirectX 7 interface tests. The weird thing is that the DirectX 8 and 9 Direct3D tests show no corruption.
I've even gone as far as load Windows XP on a separate hard drive and the corruption in the DirectX 7 tests still remains.
Any ideas, I'm guessing it's the motherboard and a compatibility issue with the Radeon 9500 Pro!
Thanks.