Radeon 7 - MxGPU does it support it?

thingi

Weaksauce
I've been waiting for MxGPU for a long time for use in my VM Server. I don't want to use Passthru Gfx this time... I want real virtualisation/partitioning of my GPU/s. Vega 56/64 was originally supposed to support it but the implementation was borked by AMD :(

The MI150/160 support MxGPU which appears to be good news for me since the MI160 = Vega7. However with all the rumours of reduced Vega 7 functionality (no PCIe 4 etc) does this mean AMD has castrated the main GPU function I'm actually interested in using?

I don't care about stock clocks, noise levels, oc heardroom etc (well I do, but they are a nice to haves).

I NEED MxGPU for my KVM based Lin/Win/OSX machine, currently it's rocking an unlocked Xeon 1650v2 with a pair of Radeon Pro WX 4100's but it's getting a bit long in the tooth now. Radeon 7 + Threadripper or a 12 core Ryzen would do nicely!

Many people asking in many forums about SR-IOV on Radeon VII, no official answer. You have to wait until launch.

At least Anandtech promised to look for SR-IOV and report the results.

Many people asking in many forums about SR-IOV on Radeon VII, no official answer. You have to wait until launch.

At least Anandtech promised to look for SR-IOV and report the results.

I still can't find confirmation on MxGPU support, in the anand review or on phoronix (which surprised me) :(

Now off to check AMD's website... lol

In a followup tweet, Ryan Smith wrote that he forgot about SR-IOV (MxGPU) and would ask AMD now.

Any news on this?

Radeon 7 support for mxgpu = big fat no no :( There are still unfixed hardware bugs in it which cause them to hang when shutting down when passed though under KVM too (just like Vega).

Not heard of anyone trying to cross flash a MI50 bios onto an R7 either.... people have no balls these days lolz ;)

Back