Radeon 6990!

I had 2 6970's.

Every single reference card (remember when we called it reference?) was custom.

They all had to have the power connector slightly shaved to miss the fan.

I had two 6990s - they never worked with my really nice dell DVI monitors, so I returned them.

I had 2 6970's.

Every single reference card (remember when we called it reference?) was custom.

They all had to have the power connector slightly shaved to miss the fan.
I had a 5970 and 5870 I ran in tri-fire for awhile. If I had put those towards bitcoin mining 24/7 for a year I would own half of Peru right now. Back bitcoin prices were so low that it barely covered the power costs each month. The little bit I made in bitcoin I just sold off for American Dollars to buy more pc parts, not the best investment.

I had 4x r290x and then I had a 6970 and then I had a 6990 Liquid cooled version.,

had a 5970 and a mining farm of 290's :p

290s ran $75 each back then so they really haven't depreciated much since

I had one of these. Still have the TigerDirect invoice from April 2011. Cool box art! I wish modern cards had cool box art.

1608653682038.png

I had quad 6970s and then a 6990

Fast cards back then. Wished I could find my eyefinity videos I made of it.

I got a Dell 2560x1600 display around then, the only way I was playing Battlefield BC2 was adding a second 6970. That was a pretty nice setup.

DukenukemX "I had one of these. Still have the TigerDirect invoice from April 2011. Cool box art! I wish modern cards had cool box art."

Haha I always thought they were super bad and cheesy. That's one of the pros coming back to gaming now.. more "professional" looking boxes, I like them! Go away silly space ships and other generic stock-quality artwork!

Back