Radeon 5850 and NFS Shift

Oscar Meyer

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 9, 2009
Messages
326
Just loaded this game up. Seem to be getting low fps. On the initial test lap i get around 50 fps (using fraps). But when the real racing starts, I get like 25 fps average with spikes to like 45. I am using windows 7 32bit, core duo 6850 @3.6 ghz, 2gig ddr 800 @800 on a 680i mobo. Video card is an Asus 5850 clocked to 980 cor/1200 mem using the cat 9.10's. Playing at 1920 by 1080 res 4x AA 16AF with everything maxed. This is the first game that has ran slow for me. Tried countless others and they all run around or above 60fps. Vantage scores 16200 GPU score. Is this game severely CPU bottlenecked or I need more ram? Or am i doing something wrong? Just seems to be real slow on the new vid card. Any input is appreciated. THanks forum.
 
Huh, that is weird. I don't know if you have seen this, but Kyle posted some NFS: Shift 5850 benchmarks. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
 
Shift is fairly poorly coded as I have seen this issue of people of different config getting low fps for no reason.
 
Does NFS Shift have the full nurburg ring track?
I don't know but probably... Stopped playing it after the second race, got tired of racing at 25 fps. I'm sure this will work itself out with new drivers or patches.
 
Rename .exe to Grid?? Do What??? Thanks for the patch links though...

if the driver recognizes a profile for the game based on the executable, it may help to optimize certain filters. ati has profiles built into its driver for certain games, although they aren't user customizable like NVCP's.

try the 9.11 beta & shift PC patch first, make note of your framerates, then try launching shift.exe when it's named grid.exe.
 
Back
Top