• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Radeon 5770 and PCI-E 1.0 mobos

JSnake

n00b
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
39
Okay so my 4850 died this morning (two red lights on back of card, no display, fan still spins). So I want to take the opportunity to upgrade to a 5770. But I've heard that the 5770 has problems with PCI-E 1.0 mobos. I use a Gigabyte GA-72VM-S2 mobo, which uses the nforce 610i chipset. Will this work with a 5770?

My PSU is a Corsair 450VX and my CPU is a Core 2 Duo E8400.
 
i dont see why it would have a problem.. there arent even any games out there that push enough bandwidth to require pci-e x16 2.0 except maybe crysis but it would need to be a 5970 to even see a loss in performance..
 
Right, see, I was thinking the same but I've googled and there are some reports of 5770s not even POSTing on 1.0 mobos.
 
Back
Top