• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Radeon 5450 (DVI & HDMI Simultaneously)?

Format _C:

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 12, 2001
Messages
4,188
I am thinking about rebuilding both of my computers and I want to buy two cheap cards (I don't game much and that is one card per computer) But I will want it to play Blu-Ray Discs & Other HD Content
Here is what I was thinking about getting now my major question is Can I do HDMI & DVI Simultaneously even at the same resolution? and I read the users manual and I did not see anything saying that I could or could not (Unlike my motherboard manual saying that I Could Not do DVI & HDMI Simultaneously)
Thanks and if anyone has suggestions for a better card under $70 for HD Content (Blu-Ray Discs and other HD Stuff)
 
I am thinking about rebuilding both of my computers and I want to buy two cheap cards (I don't game much and that is one card per computer) But I will want it to play Blu-Ray Discs & Other HD Content
Here is what I was thinking about getting now my major question is Can I do HDMI & DVI Simultaneously even at the same resolution? and I read the users manual and I did not see anything saying that I could or could not (Unlike my motherboard manual saying that I Could Not do DVI & HDMI Simultaneously)
Thanks and if anyone has suggestions for a better card under $70 for HD Content (Blu-Ray Discs and other HD Stuff)

Actually, if you are thinking single-slot and unpowered (HTPC and casual/light gaming) then the HD5670, followed by the HD5450 (1 GB, then 512 MB) are your best bets, and in that order.

If the card lacks a D-sub (common these days), then there may be two DVI ports, or one DVI and one HDMI port. If the latter, then you may be in luck (because neither would necessarily be shared with the other). The reason why your motherboard's onboard video (and some discrete cards) don't/can't do this is because the DVI and HDMI ports are shared with each other; this forces *one or the other* usage of DVI-D or HDMI
 
Back
Top