• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Radeon 5000 series bugs

vjcsmoke

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
4,511
Well looks like the 9.10 WHQL drivers are not working out for me and my 5870.
I have some random crapping out during video playback.
And after w hile it says the display driver has recovered.
Sometimes it does NOT recover and I have to reboot the machine.

Not sure at this point if it's the card or the driver.
Downloading an older driver that is recommended for both 5800 and 5700 and seeing if it will fix the playback problem.
 
hmm I had same problem. Ordered two video cards in my case though so I was easily able to troubleshoot. At the end of the day it ended being a defective video card... For the record it was a his 5870. I rma'd and had no problems since.
 
I had that before and it was a defective card, also some random stutter in games with white lines in games like Crysis... and constantly crash in L4D.....

after RMA, everything is back to normal..

so I am guessing you have a defective card as well..
 
I had that before and it was a defective card, also some random stutter in games with white lines in games like Crysis... and constantly crash in L4D.....

after RMA, everything is back to normal..

so I am guessing you have a defective card as well..

Crud. I think I will have to RMA then.
 
nova[11];1034813564 said:
did you guys also great screen blink/refreshes as well?

I get it when overclocking. I have to disable my second monitor in order for it to stop doing it.

Hopefully a new driver will help fix this issue.
 
nova[11];1034813564 said:
did you guys also great screen blink/refreshes as well?

it only happen when I have unstable Overclock...

beside that, no...
 
I have this issue but I don't OC at all and I only have one monitor (1920x1200), any of you guys getting a black/blue screen? also any horizontal lines on your desktop and browser? I have win 7
 
I have this issue but I don't OC at all and I only have one monitor (1920x1200), any of you guys getting a black/blue screen? also any horizontal lines on your desktop and browser? I have win 7

dont see any at least for me....
 
I went ahead and RMAd my XFX 5870 to Newegg today. Did it reluctantly. Man this card was awesome 90% of the time. But I figure a top of the line card should work 100% of the time. Now I just have to worry about whether they will have a replacement card for me with the 5870s being in such short supply. Hopefully I'll get a new card back in a week. Might take longer though... :(
 
Back
Top