Radeon 480GB SSD - $149

After 30 dollar mail in rebate. Its 189.95 without. Still good, but not great.

I think I'm more interested in the 4tb External, 25 bucks a TB is pretty damn cheap.

After 30 dollar mail in rebate. Its 189.95 without. Still good, but not great.

I think I'm more interested in the 4tb External, 25 bucks a TB is pretty damn cheap.

I agree, that's beyond cheap.

If I were to get it, sell my 1TB external now that is pretty much full for $20-$30 locally, that makes it a $70 upgrade. That's pretty damn good!

Sucks there arent any other 480/512 ssd sales going for under $160.
or am i just not looking in the right places?

Dunno about you guys but I personally think $39 for an EVGA 750W PSU is just an unreal deal.

Meh, it is made by OCZ who is owned by Toshiba... AMD Radeon SSD drives not made my AMD?? But ya.. Toshiba is enough reason to pass on this one.

What does anyone know about this SSD? Is it just a rebranded OCZ which one if so?

The reviews on this drive are fairly good, yes it is a rebranded OCZ drive, and warranty support comes from them not AMD

Meh, it is made by OCZ who is owned by Toshiba... AMD Radeon SSD drives not made my AMD?? But ya.. Toshiba is enough reason to pass on this one.

I trust OCZ after being taken over by Toshiba, at least their crap SF controller can only be better than before.

Unless of course you have some insider info or solid evidence that Toshiba SSDs are shit...

Toshiba SSDs are the ones that all Apple notebook buyers desperately wanted to avoid in the SSD lottery, as the Samsung drives performed so much better. Of course no idea if that actually translated to this specific drive and form factor.

Been running 2 Toshiba SSDs for nearly 2 years now. They're both fine. I can't go real deep on performance because I'm running them both on Sata 2, but I've never had any issues with either of them.

Toshiba SSDs are the ones that all Apple notebook buyers desperately wanted to avoid in the SSD lottery, as the Samsung drives performed so much better. Of course no idea if that actually translated to this specific drive and form factor.
Lol, apple notebook buyers are not performance saavy at all. Ask me how i know, my brother watches press presentations from apple and always preaches their crap. Just like how a smaller iphone is better. Now that the iphone 6 came out, omg bigger phone is a must have! :rolleyes:

Apple buyers are just trendy hipsters that willingly pay more for less. If they actually knew wtf they were doing they would buy the lesser specced macs and added the memory + ssd themselves.

Lol, apple notebook buyers are not performance saavy at all. Ask me how i know, my brother watches press presentations from apple and always preaches their crap. Just like how a smaller iphone is better. Now that the iphone 6 came out, omg bigger phone is a must have! :rolleyes:

Apple buyers are just trendy hipsters that willingly pay more for less. If they actually knew wtf they were doing they would buy the lesser specced macs and added the memory + ssd themselves.

Thank you, I'm grateful that we have someone here that has it all figured out for us. After all, we all have exactly the same needs and priorities.

Well you cant add the memory any more..LOL or the SSD;s in some lines all soldered in. But as for price..do spec out some Dell / HP systems vs Apple (and not, going and building your own build is not the same, compare OEM to OEM)

Thank you, I'm grateful that we have someone here that has it all figured out for us. After all, we all have exactly the same needs and priorities.
I'm grateful you let us know about those Apple buyers that will wring out the specs of their macs to notice a difference between the Toshiba and Samsung ssds.

Back