• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Radeon 4100

Docmhz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
420
Does anyone know anything about this chip? It's in a laptop that I am considering and I haven't been able to find anything out about it. Is it better than the 3200?

Here are the two laptops, I know they won't be gaming powerhouses, but better than the Intel 4500 which would be the alternative.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9553896&type=product&id=1218123211002

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9548643&type=product&id=1218122584574

I posted something similar in the Mobile forum, but I'm not getting much response and since it is the graphics that I am interested in, I posted it here as well.

Thanks
 
Ok, wasn't sure which chipset it was derived from, makes sense. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.
 
For onboard? HD4200/3200 is about as good as you can get unless you can get like the 9400M, but I don't know if thats even onboard anymore or just a discrete card. Avoid the intel onboard if you want to do ANYTHING 3D, not to say the 4/3200 is great at 3d, but compared, it blows it out of the water.
 
Sounds good to me, discrete moves it out of my price range and I have a desktop to play serious games.

Thanks
 
Back
Top