Radeon 290 arrived non-functioning

spadefoot

Limp Gawd
A few weeks ago, I ordered a used 290 from a user her on HF. When it arrived, it would work (sort of), but once you started using the 3d part, it would make a high pitched whine. Then it started artifacting and going to a black screen after a little use. I contacted the seller and he asked me to work with him so he could arrange for an RMA to the manufacturer and refund my money. I went ahead and purchased a replacement card, and gave him the info he needed. Since then, he has not contacted me (been about 2 weeks with no response), and I'm stuck out almost $300. I have sent him several IM's on HF and a couple of emails to his Paypal address, and gotten no response.

And once you have dealt with PP, and everything is done, leave bad feedback on his heatware.

Yup. We presuime you followed the [H] rules and guidelines, got a phone number to call and make sure they exist and so on?

Yup. We presuime you followed the [H] rules and guidelines, got a phone number to call and make sure they exist and so on?

Well, a screwed up on the PP thing, as I did it as a "send money to a friend" so it wouldn't hit him for high fees. My mistake, I know. He has heatware, and has a many-years long history on HF, so I felt pretty comfortable, and was very communicative, even after the card didn't work. I feel like he's gone quiet since Sapphire hasn't approved his RMA, and so he's kind of stuck too. I hesitate to leave him bad feedback or out him here, but I'm thinking it's going to be my only recourse.

yep, u screwed up. should've added in the pp fees which I calculated to be $10 making it 310$. ouch!!!!
why was the rma not approved?

Check to see if he is at least active since your messages here, and also send this to Crosshairs so he can maybe get a PM from a mod.

I'm not sure that the RMA wasn't approved, I'm just extrapolating based on him going back and forth with them prior to radio silence.

Check to see if he is at least active since your messages here, and also send this to Crosshairs so he can maybe get a PM from a mod.

Active on a variety of non-sale related topics right up until 8/14, a little before his last comms with me. Nothing since then.

You should not have to wait for an RMA. You got a non-functioning card on arrival not a month or two later it's not like he's doing you a favour by offering help with a warranty claim. Send paypal an email showing all supporting pm's and file a dispute.

How long ago did you contact the seller about this issue? It appears to me looking at your forum posts that you had black screen issues 2 months ago........

Back