Radeon 265 released

if they can hit 400khash -- for 150 dollars... seems pretty cool.

I have an extra 650w PSU and memory, could build an 1200khash machine for something like 500 to 600ish dollars
 
Should be interesting to see what the card can do. What I don't get is I have a 7870 Pitcairn XT that struggles to get 400KH/s and all my 270 (Pitcairns) can do nearly 500Kh/s without breaking a sweat. Both cards have 1280 stream processors and are clocked nearly the same.

The new 265 card will only have 1024 stream processors so I don't look for it to hit 400KH/s easily, but I bet on overclocks it probably will come close and if you can actually find them for $150 they will be a deal if you can O/C them close to 400Kh/s.
 
You'd think they'd want to push Mantle with new GCN 1.1 capable cards but the 265 looks to be just GCN 1.0.

Sweet spot IMHO is R9 270 at ~$180. A GCN 1.1 card at this performance (pre-Mantel) and price level would be nice.
 
Back
Top