Rad question

peekama

Weaksauce
I'm thinking about putting together my first wc loop (most likely just my q6600 and 4850) and I was wondering if this would be good enough:
http://www.antec.com/usa/productDetails.php?lan=us&id=75210#

My q6600 is oc'd to 3.0 and my 4850 is at stock.

The spec page doesn't really say how much heat it can dissapate, so I'm not sure if I would need another rad, or it there are better rads to use.

I haven't seen any performance data on that rad so I can't say for sure but for video card and processor would probably be pushing its limits. If you have room, go for a Swiftech double or tripple rad.

I wouldn't touch a radiator from a case manufacturer if you gave it to me. They rarely if ever get it right. I would stick with either Swiftech, Black Ice, or ThermoChill. Those radiators will give you the best performance in the standard footprints.

With a q6600 at 3.0 and 4850 at stock, you shouldn't have a problem, but you need to make sure you are supplying enough airflow with a good CFM fan to maintain your temps. Otherwise think about getting a dual.

It's made of aluminum, it MUST be good! (tic)

It's nice to see a case manufacturer make something like that, too bad it looks like they got it very wrong.

It will not be able to handle you components and it's aluminum. Go with an MCR320 or a Thermochill PA120.3 or a Feser Xchanger 360.

Back