• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Rad Help/Suggestions

Metrocall

Gawd
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
952
Ok well I figure I might as well just ask to get a feel for what needs to be bought as I plan to watercool the rig in my sig and really, I have gotten almost everything except what size/type(company) rad to use. It's roughly 18C for the ambient and I am looking for it to be somewhat quiet(for the fan speeds) as it will be outside the case. I tend to overclock pretty heavily with both components and will probably be upgrading to a q9650 in the near future.

So should I have a mutli-loop/rad? I would prefer a single loop and rad but if it's not feasible I understand. The pump will be the MCP655 with 1/2' tubing, and also a res. Also considering the NB as that fucker gets HOT even with the replacement fan.

Quality+Cooling over Price. ;)

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
 
for your card and cpu i'd get a 4 x 120mm rad, you can get away with a 3 x 120mm but if you want good temps and lower speed fans then defo get a 4 x 120mm one, especially if you plan on adding a chipset block.

The thick XSPC / Feser / Thermochill rads are the best i'd say.
 
I'm also kind of curious of much harm if any starting with the GPU would cause. :confused:
 
You mean having GPU before CPU in WC loop? Not much harm, close to none actually.
 
Back
Top