Racks

mj007

[H]ard|Gawd
So, just wanted to get other people's opinions on racks.

I've traditionally used APC NetShelters, and the time is nigh to get a new 42U enclosed rack for a project at work.

What does everyone else here use/prefer?

I use APC as well and have never had any issues. I don't have any reason for using APC though, I just hold them in high regard because of their UPS.

We use Tripp-Lite 48U cabinets with the split rear doors that have the fans mounted to them. No real reason for that choice either other than they are nice units. We use Tripp-Lite UPS' and PDUs also so might be the reasoning behind it we can just order everything all at once when a new cab is needed

So, just wanted to get other people's opinions on racks.

I've traditionally used APC NetShelters, and the time is nigh to get a new 42U enclosed rack for a project at work.

What does everyone else here use/prefer?

Don't consider anything else. APC NetShelters are the best rack available today and are the clear market leader.

Don't consider anything else. APC NetShelters are the best rack available today and are the clear market leader.

That's what I figured, didn't know if there was some amazing product with some ground breaking feature set that had flown under my radar :D

100% this ^^^.

We've standardized on them on in our lab. In fact, we recently received 4 new APC racks to replace some existing non-APC racks.

That's what I figured, didn't know if there was some amazing product with some ground breaking feature set that had flown under my radar :D

As of late not really. I've always considered Chatsworth as my #2 though I've never had the need to sway from APC NetShelters. i usually go with the wider and deeper versions as they provide plenty of room for cable management add-ons.

As of late not really. I've always considered Chatsworth as my #2 though I've never had the need to sway from APC NetShelters. i usually go with the wider and deeper versions as they provide plenty of room for cable management add-ons.

Indeed, there's so much room for activities!

I actually used Black box racks and APC, they both were fine.

For slickness I liked the blackbox, looked more like a Lian Li case than a server rack lol.

i had an APC netshelter, 24U, outgrew it and replaced it with 2 4post tripp-lites...

i'd never get a tripp-lite UPS, but i don't mind their racks and PDUs, they work great...

i had 4x tripp-lite rackmount UPSs, every single one of them died in <1.5 years... at least it wasn't all at once.... i had the ones under warranty replaced and they died a year later...

junk... APC and cyberpower only for UPSes from here on out

We got a used SharkRack the other day for a customer's network rebuild, and it's was pretty nice. The feature I liked the most was between the rack and the outer cabinet walls they have 3x vertical mount 1U positions. We installed the 1x PDU they would need for their smallish network in 1 spot, but I thought it would be awesome for the KVM, a server only switch,etc.

Back