• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Rackmount that holds 4090

Yippee38

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Apr 21, 2000
Messages
3,378
I've got an old "server" PC that I used for hosting media files (movies & FLAC music), and occasionally running game servers on it such as ARK, Conan Exiles, or the like. It finally died, so I need to rebuild it, and I'm going to build a rackmount. My wife used AI quite a bit, and I've dabbled with LLMs and AI image creation (Stable Diffusion). Because of that, I'm planning to put a RTX 4090, or maybe a 4080 in it. I have no idea if a rackmount case will hold a GPU that size, but it looks like, from discussions I've seen online, that it could be a problem.

Does anybody have any suggestions on rackmount cases that would be capable of meeting my needs? I do not want water cooling.
 
Is that really enough for the length of the card?
455mm AIC length is supported (all the 4090s are under 360), and the max height with the top bar is 181mm, which is more than enough for the 137mm FE or even the beefier AIBs with angled power adapters.
 
455mm AIC length is supported (all the 4090s are under 360), and the max height with the top bar is 181mm, which is more than enough for the 137mm FE or even the beefier AIBs with angled power adapters.
The first picture in the reviews on the Amazon link you posted has a 4090 in it.

That might be what I'm looking for, especially because I don't need huge numbers of storage drives.
 
Back
Top