Rack Power Distribution

I use APC cabinets so naturally I use the verticle power strips that mount tool-free into the cabinet. I usually get the basic ones and none of the metered/switched units. For remote wall-mounted cabinets I'll use any brand of horizontal rack-mounted strips.

I use APC cabinets so naturally I use the verticle power strips that mount tool-free into the cabinet. I usually get the basic ones and none of the metered/switched units. For remote wall-mounted cabinets I'll use any brand of horizontal rack-mounted strips.

Are these the ones that run about $270?

Agreed. APC. They have a few different PDUs. Cheap basic PDU, monitored, and ones that you can control each plug.

We use the web manged APC PDUs at work. We setup accounts to have access to certain outlets on the PDU and we monitor the power load via snmp. Nice functionality over all.

I used to use Sever Tech but now I really like Eaton. They make an excellent three phase monitored PDU.

I have 2 APC UPSes and and my larger 2200va UPS has 2 dell PDUs plugged into it and then it has cables run to my HD arrays, and my network equipment, my small UPS, 1400VA runs the smaller equipment and my dell server (I just have a single 1u server atm, the other one I have doesn't work properly and its a homebuilt POS)

From the 2200VA UPS, I ran an extension cord to my desktop, that plugs into an APC Surge arrest power strip, and that runs my PS3, my desktop, my LCD monitor, my external HDD, my speakers, and a fan.

My laser printer is run straight to the wall thru a surge protector. My inkjet is the same way.
I also have a special surgeprotector plugged in between my router and cable modem. Last lightning strike right outside my house fried my modem, router, 2 ports on my switch, my TV, my grandmother cable box, and our connection on the power line pole that runs the cable to my house as well.

Back