Rack mount ears & brackets?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12106
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12106

I need some rack mount ears for some equipment.

I got a procurve switch and some dell power connects, I do not have any of the brackets for these.

Other then paying through the nose on ebay, is there another source for misc stuff like this?

Maybe a used reseller would have what you need? Might be a little cheaper than ebay if they have what you're looking for. I've had good experiences with CX Tec but not with that sort of thing specifically.

Alternately, post a "looking for" ad on your local craigslist. I know I only have racks for about half of the switches I put in, which means I've got extras on some of the rack mount stuff, but no convenient way to mail it. (if you wanted to ship me a postpaid box I could give you a few rackmount kits for procurve 2626/2650s, but finding a box, mailing it, etc. is a pain in the butt, which is probably what the ebay people have realized.)

how many ears are you looking for? what model dell switches, i may have a few lying around.

i would ebay it wont be much

Home Despot or pretty much any hardware store. 3/4" aluminum angle and a drill bit.

C'mon, it's not that hard

Maybe a used reseller would have what you need? Might be a little cheaper than ebay if they have what you're looking for. I've had good experiences with CX Tec but not with that sort of thing specifically.

Alternately, post a "looking for" ad on your local craigslist. I know I only have racks for about half of the switches I put in, which means I've got extras on some of the rack mount stuff, but no convenient way to mail it. (if you wanted to ship me a postpaid box I could give you a few rackmount kits for procurve 2626/2650s, but finding a box, mailing it, etc. is a pain in the butt, which is probably what the ebay people have realized.)

Where are you located, and how big of a box? lol..

how many ears are you looking for? what model dell switches, i may have a few lying around.

i would ebay it wont be much

I need 2 sets of ears for Dell powerconnect 2728's, and a set for an hp procure, model # slips my mind, it is a 1u unit.

I found a set for the procurve on ebay at work, it was $36+shipping:eek:

heh, New Jersey, and just about nay shippable box would do, maybe even a sturdy padded envelope.

36 + shipping is NUTS for little rackmount things -- a new 1700-24 procurve (rackmount with hardware included) is $192 with free shipping from amazon -- if all of their 1U rackmounting hardware is the same that would be 20% of the price!

heh, New Jersey, and just about nay shippable box would do, maybe even a sturdy padded envelope.

36 + shipping is NUTS for little rackmount things -- a new 1700-24 procurve (rackmount with hardware included) is $192 with free shipping from amazon -- if all of their 1U rackmounting hardware is the same that would be 20% of the price!

The reason why they're so expensive is because of the time involved in figuring out what brackets go with what switch/server/etc gear. The rack ears rarely have a part number that is searchable stamped on them, so you're stuck matching up colors, and then figuring out which model of whatever line of switches the ears fit. That is if the ears are painted. I buy and sell a lot of used hardware and maybe half of the rackmount stuff I get has ears. People who buy a switch for cheap on ebay won't mind paying a little more for the rack hardware to mount it.

You could try calling up HP and Dell and sourcing some replacement parts?

Back