Rack Mount Brackets

USMCGrunt

2[H]4U
I have a couple switches that I would like to mount a newly acquired rack. Unfortunately, the angle brackets that came with the switches have magically disappeared. I'm trying to find the replacements but am finding it nearly impossible. I've found many "universal" brackets but I'm not sure if they'd work. I am trying to mount a TP-Link TL-SG3424 and a Cisco SF 100-24. The TP-Link is a 17" wide switch while the Cisco is about half that and I'm trying to mount them inside a rack that's 19" wide.

Help ya'll...this is annoying....

Would those work for the SF 100-24 though? The width and depth of my switch and a switch those brackets support are the same but the height is about 3/10s of an inch smaller on the 300 series than the 100 series, I'm concerned that could have an effect on the hole pattern matching up on the side of the switch.

Sorry I was multitasking or attempting to. I wasn't saying you need those brackets for the SF300.

What I was trying to convey is that you will need to contact Cisco for replacement brackets for the SF100-24. They supposedly do not sell replacements. I was not able to find any on ebay or with my GoogleFu.

My experience in this area has been that unless your device has really common bracket design that can be easily found on ebay - you're not going to find them - or you'll pay a fortune if you do.

Time I've spent looking for brackets, contacting vendors/manufacturers, etc would have been much better spent just buying a shelf.

Probably almost be easier to make brackets yourself with a drill, a hacksaw, and some L-shaped pieces of steel/aluminum metal stock. A little filing/sanding and 1 or 2 coats of rustoleum and you're ready to rock.

You can also buy rack shelves... while it may not be perfect, it'll do the job. I think I've paid as little as about $10 on amazon for one

going through the same thing now op....

this is why i always attach the rack ears to switches when i buy them... even if they sit on a desk/shelf....

every time...

going through the same thing now op....

this is why i always attach the rack ears to switches when i buy them... even if they sit on a desk/shelf....

every time...

Ya...good habit to get into...unfortunately, they were purchased and lost before my time on this network....but moving forward..definitely a good habit, lol.

Back