• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Rack Cainet for SWMBO

RushiMP

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
131
sgi4700.jpg



Searching for an awesome rack to contain my folding gear, home server, and future upgrades and additions.


I have a couple of empty SGI Fuel and Octane chassis that I am in the process of converting to accept MATX boards.

Those boxes will likely house my next work computer and gaming station.

all_sgi.jpg


In keeping with the theme I want to find a Rack Cabinet that conveys a sense of awe, something that is both form and function with a hint style.

I have found a few SGI rack cabinets on ebay.

Cluster2.jpg


But as this will be my first attempt to rackmount I am unsure if they will accept standard 19U gear.

I am wondering if the [H] community has any experience with the Altix racks or if you have some alternative ideas?
 
Looks like underneath they are standard 19U x 42 inch racks. I am in the process of negotiating for one, trying to figure out the freight delivery cost.
 
Looks like underneath they are standard 19U x 42 inch racks. I am in the process of negotiating for one, trying to figure out the freight delivery cost.

Didn't SGI go out of business like years ago?

Cool cases, though.
 
So did 3dfx and BFG Technologies... still great stuff to hang on to, if you have it or can find it.
 
So I bought the rack, and to my surprise it had several components inside.

Now I have a bank of 48V power supplies (5 x 1000 watt units from Delta), no idea what to do with those.

and more interesting...

3 SGI C-bricks with at least 6 Itanium 2 processors, but no idea what to do with those either.

It is pretty though....
 
Back
Top