• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

RAC and FDC RAC

auntjemima

[H]ard DCOTM x2
2FA
Joined
Mar 1, 2014
Messages
13,354
What do they stand for? I tried googling and all I get is Hindu fan fiction, which is... yeah.
 
RAC for "Recent Average Credit"; an attempt to measure the average daily production rate of a BOINC clienthttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BOINC_Credit_System
FDC-RAC is just a different formula to calculate a RAC for their own need on Free-DC site.

I for myself ignore that value as totally useless (or myself ignorant); there is even a decay function defined https://boinc.berkeley.edu/trac/wiki/CreditStats#rac-decay

Maybe I miss something very important and high-sophisticated; but for now I was ok with just ignoring it.

What disturb me most is the long timeframe the RAC remain. Example: a member for a project didn't returned for a while any result; but RAC is still showing him as producer. I find it misleading; but happy to learn if I'm wrong
 
I ignore the RAC also as I find it mostly useless. It seems to only average out after about 7 days of steady use, but as ChristianVirtual mentioned someone who hasn't produced in months or even years that has a high credit (usually members who are top 3 or 5 on the team) still show that they're producing something, be it very, very little, but still a value that's not true what-so-ever.

Therefore, I just ignore it.
 
Back
Top