I've had two r9 290s for a while, XFX DD ones. They run at about 80c or so on load, vrms don't get too hot unlike some people here experienced (the key is good airflow from the front that isn't blocked by hard drives, or a nice side fan).
I was wondering how much worse it will be if I shove a card between these two.
It's probably gonna throttle, but in trifire it will still perform better than x2 crossfire even when throttling, so the question is, how bad is the throttling in terms of visual annoyance?
Curious to hear about any experiences, specifically on air cooling.
I was wondering how much worse it will be if I shove a card between these two.
It's probably gonna throttle, but in trifire it will still perform better than x2 crossfire even when throttling, so the question is, how bad is the throttling in terms of visual annoyance?
Curious to hear about any experiences, specifically on air cooling.