r9 290 for $399

SInce it's not for me. ordered one...lol. Plus, needed something to vent the air out of the case since it gets pretty hot in my cousins place.

If this was for me though, I would of waited =P...But hopefully someone finds joy in this price. The $100 dollar mark up I'm seeing everywhere is ridiculous.

And gone. Glad I got in on one. $399 no tax with 2 day shoprunner shipping.

The no tax aspect made this perfect for me since my cousin is strapped for cash. BTW, still shows in stock for me o_O.

It seems to flip in and out of stock but when you try to add it to cart it says your cart is empty.

It seems to flip in and out of stock but when you try to add it to cart it says your cart is empty.
Yeah it's been doing that for the past 3 hours. I hope TD knows what they are doing

Yeah it's been doing that for the past 3 hours. I hope TD knows what they are doing

I seriously hope they do have it in stock. I placed my order before posting the thread =*(...lol.

Which was about an hour ago =*(

I seriously hope they do have it in stock. I placed my order before posting the thread =*(...lol.

Which was about an hour ago =*(
What is the status of your order? Mine went from waiting carrier pick up and then back to in process

Yep. Listed it on amazon on a whim for $425 + shipping and it sold in like 2 hours.

I'll go without a card until I can grab an 3rd party cooled 290 for $400 or so :-D

What is the status of your order? Mine went from waiting carrier pick up and then back to in process

Got an order confirmation. If you're getting a carrier pick up msg, mine hopefully has gone through...lol.

But, but, but, COINS!!!!!!! lol, yeah, the frenzy over mining has gone pretty crazy lately.

I am fundamentally against BTC and LTC. This idea that the currencies require computers to constantly waste energy 24/7 doing no real useful work, at an ever increasing rate to sustain itself is just wrong and wasteful, IMO.

That said I mined BTC back in 2011, had like 30+ of them, shouldn't have sold, lol.

Got an order confirmation. If you're getting a carrier pick up msg, mine hopefully has gone through...lol.
Sweet, my first order around 1:30PST just got updated with shipped with a tracking number. Second order is pending review LOL.

I've had good experiences with TigerDirect in the past, although just last week, I ordered an MSI R9 290 that listed in stock, and I got an order confirmation and all, and they even charged my CC last week, but when I go to track the order, it says my e-mail address is invalid. I never received any tracking/shipping information. So really not sure what is up with them.

I guess I'll give it til the end of the week, but really kinda lame not knowing what happened to my order plus the fact that they charged my card already.

Interesting they list HD 7970s ($605) for more than R9 290x ($580).

I supposedly got it with 2 day shipping. I'm going to replace the X-fire 7950's in my kid's PC before the market comes back to normal. I already got a Sapphire 290 in my PC with AC X3 and it's working great. Anyone mining, call me... ;)

Last edited:
bah Estimated Delivery Tue, Jan 21, 2014
by the time you get it everybody else will be back in stock

Interesting they list HD 7970s ($605) for more than R9 290x ($580).

I supposedly got it with 2 day shipping. I'm going to replace the X-fire 7950's in my kid's PC before the market comes back to normal. I already got a Sapphire 290 in my PC with AC X3 and it's working great. Anyone mining, call me... ;)

Because the cards are selling like hotcakes retailers are upping the price to try to keep more in stock and make a better profit. the 280x is the best bang for the buck when it comes to mining which is why they sold out first. Vapor-X cards are the most sought after because they easily achieve 750-770Kh/s

A friend of mine (fellow miner) sold two 7950s for $455 each lol all due to mining craze he had planned on selling them and picking up three 280X cards but now that they are selling out everywhere he is dead in the water. Sad part is if he held on and mined with his two 7950s in the mean time he would have made the same money back in a month and a half when the difficulty was lower lol.

If you are not interested in mining and have a 7950 or 7970 that is worthwhile (I think the MSI twin frozr cards are most sought after) put it up now for a pretty penny and buy something better with it, you wont be able to for long. Even newbies will accidentally overpay for a crappier hasher like a powercolor or HIS brand card.

If you are not interested in mining and have a 7950 or 7970 that is worthwhile (I think the MSI twin frozr cards are most sought after) put it up now for a pretty penny and buy something better with it, you wont be able to for long. Even newbies will accidentally overpay for a crappier hasher like a powercolor or HIS brand card.

Seriously. I loved my Sapphire 7950, particularly for $169 with a AMD Gold Reward Coupon to use/sell. But I couldn't justify holding onto it when it'd bring in over $400 on eBay. I can run on-chip graphics for a few months while I wait for pricing to work itself out.

Just inspired me to put my $190 MSI 7950 on CL for $360. Would have to sell for over $400 on eBay when you consider fees. I have 1 ltc and with difficulty shooting up, time for single carders to get out imo.

Guess I'm in luck. Mine says shipped this morning, got two day shipping since it's only $2 more than ground and it's scheduled to arrive Friday.

Seriously. I loved my Sapphire 7950, particularly for $169 with a AMD Gold Reward Coupon to use/sell. But I couldn't justify holding onto it when it'd bring in over $400 on eBay. I can run on-chip graphics for a few months while I wait for pricing to work itself out.

Exactly what I decided too, put mine up for 370 sold immediately. I can run on a 560ti until prices calm down a bit

Add me to the list. I put my Sapphire 7950 up yesterday for $360 with $15 shipping and it sold much faster than I was expecting. I'm now kicking myself for not putting a higher BIN price. Ah well...paid for most of the GTX 780 I have coming.

I looked at this thread and checked about 5 hours after you posted and they were out of stock. Crazy how fast this stuff goes OOS>

just wait. The craze will disappear and prices will come back down.

if you have a 7970 / 7950, sell it and wait like 2 weeks. free upgrade.

Just sold my $180 MSI 7950 for $360. Netting $313 after eBay fees but good lord..

Does eBay still put a hold on funds received until a few weeks or positive feedback?

PayPal did that but stopped for me awhile ago. Already started the transfer out

I recommend amazon. amazon fees came in lower then ebay + paypal. much lower.

Got a tracking number. w00t....was scared they were going to cancel the order =P. At least my cousin will be happy, I'll wait for the non reference version for myself and pick up a couple for some crossfire action ^_^. I was considering getting a 780 TI as I prefer the nvidia software over amd's. But for the price performance value, I could get 2 for almost the price of one 780ti =o.

BTW, For those who have picked up a r9 series card. Do you notice any gradients when watching anime? Hopefully someone on here has one and watches. On my old 5870 CF setup, I would get a shifting gradient when watching anime, cell shaded, which is suppose to be one solid color, yet the color pattern would be similar to constantly shifting gradient with similar hues. Once I sold both of my 5870's and got a gtx 670, the problem went away completely....This is the only factor making me second guess my upcoming dual r9 290 purchase =*(.

stuff like this tempts me to sell my four 7970's I have mining away at LTC, got a refurbed 7970 from newegg for $239 last week (can't believe the order actually went through, got the card yesterday)

With the mining craze -- it's a bit sad that I'll have two 290s, and four 7970's chugging away on LTC and still will only net about 1.2 coins per day. Even after factoring out power, I'm still coming out way way ahead.

The real pisser is knowing that way back in the day I could have mined ~2000 LTC per month with a single pair of 7970's.

Back