R9 280X Crossfire Performance issues!?!

Snake_A

n00b
Joined
Jun 30, 2014
Messages
3
Hello to all of you,

I have read threads in this forum numerous times, but this is my first post.

i have recently installed two R9 280X on my mobo. i have a thermaltake 750W PSU which seems to handle the cards ok.

Setup:
i7 4770K
8GB 2400MHz ram
Gigabyte Z87X-OC mobo
750w PSU Thermaltake
840 Pro SSD

i have done the following:
- Installed the crossfire bridge
- Enable Crossfire from amd Catalyst.

Unfortunately, it seems that i have the same exact performance as i have with a single r9 280x. I have tried Crysis and Crysis 3, and i havent noticed any framer-rate boost at all...

Am i doing something wrong or Crysis games are not optimized for Crossfire ?

P.S. i can see that Crossfire is enabled from GPU-Z... And i get 13.100 with 3dMark fire strike which seems to be ok (i think)

Please help!

Thank you!
 
Off the top of my head, make sure you are running the game(s) fullscreen.
 
Off the top of my head, make sure you are running the game(s) fullscreen.
Thank you for your reply!

I do run games in full screen. Im going to try the latest amd bet drivers and check if there's any difference ....
 
Install MSI Afterburner. The hardware monitor can be configured to display GPU Temps, Framerate, GPU Usage, Core and Mem Clocks, and memory usage for ALL GPUs which IMO will help you narrow down the problem.

I keep Afterburner running on a second monitor at all times for my Tri-Fire setup. Occasionally while running a game in Crossfire I don't get the performance I expect. I'll find a GPU (or two) will get stuck at a lower clock and a reboot is necessary.

Afterburner Is also far superior for overclocking than Catalyst Control Center.
 
Back
Top