R700 is 1H 2008?

Oh4Sh0

2[H]4U
I'm sorry, I don't have any info on this.. but it's more of a curious question. I've read at a couple places that this is supposed to be a 1st half 08 product, but I've seen relatively nothing as far as news about it. And that's kind of surprising.. given that it's supposed to be a 1H 2008 product!! Anyone have anything to contribute? :(

I honestly have no answer to give to you that would have any shred of truth behind it or validity behind it.

But lets see how many other people can come in here and magically come out with the answer anyways.

Anything is purely speculation right now. I did hear that ATI pushed up the R700 release though. Only time will tell.

Kyle is quite confident it will be out sometime this year, and thats about all anyone really knows.

Kyle is quite confident it will be out sometime this year, and thats about all anyone really knows.

QFT, there are some bets going on. So I would expect the next high-end AMD/ATI video card out before the end of the year... but I mean... that's anywhere between now and 10 months from now

R680 is almost like a test or a trial run of r700, if its making use of 2 gpu's like 680 then they can get crossfire profiles into more and more games now and tweak the hell out of them. Which would obviously benefit r700 a hell of alot when it surfaces.

Wondering will it be 2 seperate gpu's or 2 integrated onto the one die. :confused:

R680 is almost like a test or a trial run of r700, if its making use of 2 gpu's like 680 then they can get crossfire profiles into more and more games now and tweak the hell out of them. Which would obviously benefit r700 a hell of alot when it surfaces.

Wondering will it be 2 seperate gpu's or 2 integrated onto the one die. :confused:

Exactly what I've been thinking. I have heard rumors of various sorts that AMD's first go at a "native" multi-gpu solution (oh god here we go with the "is it really truly multicore?" garbage again) will be multi-die, single package (think core2 vs. phenom). I guess it will all depend on exactly how big a single R700 core is but I can totally see that happening for the inaugural run of R700 cards. It increases yields and lets AMD use as many cores as they possibly can, I think they've finally gotten that bright idea.

The only problem with this concept is that if they are breaking it down all the way to individual cores, and the high-end spec card is going to have 4 of them as most sources point to, then that would be one helluva complicated package to connect them all together and then interface with the memory. Maybe a 2 core per package setup would work better and the high end would still be an X2 variant...there I go letting my mind wander, it's all speculative at this point so I should stop trying to pull stuff out of my ass. AMD's engineers have been absolutely brilliant when it comes to multi-core scaling and ambiguity in the CPU department so far and I don't expect anything less with this technology. Who knows what kind of HT-esque interconnect technology they could come up with to glue these cores together. It's going to be an exciting thing to watch come this summer.

For nostalgia's sake id love to see 4 gpu's ala voodoo 6000. :D The x2 may as well be the 5500 with its layout.

Suppose it comes down to what works best or whats easiest to manufacture. Hopefully not long till we see what theyve cooked up.

If someone makes a 5x PCIe 2.0 bridge chip i guess we can be pretty sure there will be a 4x 700 series AMD GPU.

Back