R6: Siege

Mugato

Muh Feelz!
Well...I've played every R6 game since they came out (started with the Jack Ryan books and got hooked). The first one was the best, obviously! Tactical planning, one shot pistol snap shots to the head at 500m in the dark, good SP. Come on! Doesn't get any better! After R6: RS though it's gone a little more consoley. That IS a word, it's on WIKI. This one, is...different. I am frustrated with the vest bombers. You can get 95% through a TH and then BOOM! It's over. For no reason other than the AI is bad. The fact that you can blow everything in the map up and create chaos is awesome though.

It runs like crap for what it looks like.

It's maddening for a realistic sim to not pick up others weapons.

The graphics on High/Ultra are superb. The graphics on Med/Low are horrendous, don't use T-AA or whatever. It scales from 1080p to 720p and adds 2x MSAA, which is awful.

Be FAST. I tried going slow like a tac shooter and it doesn't work. Pretend like you are playing CS. It works better.

It's maddening for a realistic sim to not pick up others weapons.

Because you would never pickup someones weapon in real life. It could be booby trapped or god knows what. Its incredibly realistic, and one of the first things they do teach.

You might want to play the first one again, it has very unforgiving AI. The bombers in this one are not that bad and you can hear them coming several meters away if you remain vigilant.

Also, what are your system specs? I've got locked 95 fps (my OC'ed refresh rate) with at 1440p on ultra with the rig in my sig.

Beta was kind of fun, but not even close to $60 fun.

Because you would never pickup someones weapon in real life. It could be booby trapped or god knows what. Its incredibly realistic, and one of the first things they do teach.

If you have a working weapon and ammo that is ideal. When you don't you'll often see people in the real world pick up enemy weapons.

Which goes out the window in a real combat fight. For one, a soldier you just downed and watched is not likely to booby trap his weapon ... Just don't go for the one left under the stick and box.

There's times in a prolonged fight where ammo is gone and you have to grab another weapon. It's happened in the vast cave complex's of Afghanistan that the SEALs got a specialized M4 that is chambered to take Ak47 mags, allowing them to have the weapon they're most used to ergonomically and pickup ammo without having to pickup the weapon as well.

Non-sarcastic question:

Is your reply based on conjecture or personal experience?

The only reason why I ask is I've never seen or read a report that a cop/FBI/etc ever resolved a situation with an enemy weapon they picked up.

Just curious!

John McClane did it all the time. ;)

In the "SWAT" like atmosphere of R6 Siege, no, you're not likely to run dry. All he was saying is that when the sh*t hits the fan and you're in a live or die situation, these "rules" tend to go out the window. If a SWAT officer was pinned down, out of ammo, and he had to choose between his 9mm sidearm and a perp's AK. I'm willing to bet he acquires better fire power.

What doesn't happen is a SWAT guy going into a building and grabbing a different gun because it "looks cool". They go in with what they train with.

Which might be an interesting mechanic, only pickup weapons when you're completely out of ammo.

Last edited:
i haven't played a rainbox six game since vegas/vegas2. siege is okay, but i miss the tactics.

Non-sarcastic question:

Is your reply based on conjecture or personal experience?

The only reason why I ask is I've never seen or read a report that a cop/FBI/etc ever resolved a situation with an enemy weapon they picked up.

Just curious!

Google images and youtube is full of such videos. Now in a small close quarters raid that lasts ~5 minutes or less the chances of you running out of ammo or having weapon problems is very slim.

Even in the old R6 or SWAT games you essentially never ran out of ammo. And those games provided rather exaggerated situations with large amounts of bad guys (5-9). Most SWAT situations in the US end in under a minute with 0 shots fired. But that would be boring for a game. :p

This game makes me want a new Police quest game so bad,t hose were amazing.

Is it true that this is multiplayer or "multiplayer" with bots only, no campaign?

For any of those who have played the older games (original RB6 say up to ravenshield) does the game feel anything like those? I've watched some youtube videos but it's hard to tell and there seems to be a mixed bag of opinions.

Ravenshield was one of my all time favorites, but I have forgotten so much about it I cannot remember. I just remember playing tons of custom maps and it being semi-run and gun in multiplayer mode (or at least how I played it. I do remember that being one of my all time favorite games until I started play CS.

I still dig this game. If this helps I loved BF3, was burned out by BF4 (too many BF3 hours and not enough changes), CSGO 800+ hours, COD BLOP2 fun, COD AW garbage, titanfall fun but too shallow and only made it 30-40 hours before bored out of my mind. 4 hours in beta Siege, 10 in final. Obsessed with it still. Worth the buy for sure.

I'm loving the game so far. It does have some issues... But every game now a days does. It shouldn't be the norm but it is what it is.

I would say to get the most out of this game is definitely having 4 other friends to play with you. Team work is essential here. And I think that is why some people are saying it's flawed. Too many CoD fanboys trying to play the game like it's CoD.

New maps and operators will be added for free as well. Devs had a meeting this past Monday going over issues people had posted in the forums. They are listening and do seem to care what we think.

I'm just hoping the community doesn't kill this game because it's not like the norm.

Add me on Uplay. Username is Seddy.

Again I'm really enjoying it.

Back