R6 Siege capped at 30fps?

dave343

[H]ard|Gawd
I was benchmarking R6 Siege but noticed it tops out at around 30fps @1080P. I'm running Ultra, Ultra Textures, MSAA 8x, V-Sync On.... everything is basically as high as it can go. Is there a reason it's not going past 30fps?

Specs:

FX 8350
380X 4GB
21.5" Asus 60hz 1080P

Is there a reason it's not going past 30fps?

Yes, 8xMSAA and Vsync enabled. what are you thinking using 8xMSAA with a mid to low-end card?. with that game you should go with Temporal Filtering or 2xMSAA as maximum, in any case just disable Vsync to be as high as you can with that card.

with 8xMSAA a FuryX will be required as minimum for 1080P@60fps ;)

LOL "gais my game wont go past 30 fps im running 18xMSAA full post processing ULTRA textures"

...posts low end system specs

I've actually changed the card to a Sapphire 390 8GB but I'm still getting the same result, 30fps wall for Average/Max.

I've actually changed the card to a Sapphire 390 8GB but I'm still getting the same result, 30fps wall for Average/Max.
Since the guys above you aren't any help other than mocking you, I will suggest turning off Vsync as it sounds like you can't quite hold 60fps so it is locking you at half the refresh rate.

At 60hz with V-Sync, when you can't maintain 60fps the game will drop to 30fps to prevent tearing. Which is why console devs usually stick to 30fps, to have a relatively consistently smooth tearing-free image on a 60hz TV.
Even at 1080p you can't expect a single 390 to maintain 60fps in every single game with 8ms MSAA.

Personally I never use high amounts of MSAA or V-Sync, because I find the huge performance hit of the AA and added input lag + frequent drops to half hz -fps of V-Sync to be ridiculous concessions for interactive media.

A 980ti can't hold max + 8xMSAA. Turn down settings if you want 60Hz. I'd start with lowering it to 4x MSAA.

image.jpg

Image courtesy of nVidia:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Graphics & Performance Guide

lol you guys make the answer simple- turn off vsync . Is this not what frame rate target control was made for? I havent used vsync since amd added it

lol you guys make the answer simple- turn off vsync . Is this not what frame rate target control was made for? I havent used vsync since amd added it

Just depend on the game. some games are more subject to tearing than others. Far cry 4 run pretty good with vsync off (Specially with 120+ hz panels) but dragon age inquisition it's just horrible without vsync. so yes, vsync is necessary sometimes. if not then I just use Afterburner to frame cap as the Frame target in radeon control panel don't work as good as it doesn't have frame smoothing that is used in RTSS.

But yes, I was clear since first post, problems are clearly Vsync and insane MSAA levels which as Dayaks said even a 980TI can't handle it (without Overclock.. =D)

This smells like trollshit to me....

OP knows that jacking everything up will do this and stopped replying after the "I up'd to 390" post....

First reply from araxie was spot on.

Back