R420 = Ps3.

Originally posted by Vagrant Zero
Wow....just wow...and I thought the Nvnews forums were bad. That thread was a celebration of human stupidity. I hope the cake was poisoned.

Rage3D is insane. Nvnews has fanboys too, but nothing of that magnitude. The MODS get into it at rage3d. Kombatant, GI Bro, and Hellbinder are in some sort of circle jerk acting like they are all under NDA, when in fact none of them know shit from shinola about R420 other than web rumors. It isn't as if ATI puts forum whores under NDA to tease forum regulars about the upcoming product. ATI is a professional corporation and would steer clear of people like Hellbinder. If I were an exec at ATI and I saw all that FUD I'd ask to him STFU asap. He complains about NVIDIA hype, yet he is a hype MACHINE.... and does it for free!

Hellbinder:

haha.. that depends on what you think i am talking about...

But none the less.. I think Jen-Hsun may have a corinary and keel over dead in the next couple weeks.. This is going to be pretty funny stuff

ROFL

Originally posted by CleanSlate
"Steer people away from flow control in ps3.0 because we expect it to hurt badly. [Also it’s the main extra feature on NV40 vs R420 so let’s discourage people from using it until R5xx shows up with decent performance...]"

Personally And I am niether for or against ATI or Nvidia infact some here would most likely say im for ATI but I take that statement different to everyone else here, I would say it shows ATI will not have FULL PS3.0 like I have said all along.

ALSO ITS THE MAIN "EXTRA FEATURE" ON NV40 vs R420.

Note the words extra feature which is part of PS3.0 and without this feature the R420 cannot have FULL PS3.0.

I have offered proof using your own statement and yes I have seen those slides too and what you quoted is what was available in the presenters notes not the actual slides.

Yep...the R420 brand new core will eventually have the PS3.0 support, but not the X800pro, I'll bet the XT will have it.

My take on it was that R420 cores can use PS3.0 like the way NV's FX series uses PS2.0 (;)) but that ATI's R500 is a native solution.

It would be a major shock if any of the R420 versions would offer PS 3.0 support. ATI have said so long they won´t support it it wouldn´t make sense.

If they where to implement it I would guess it would be a semi PS 3.0 support using 24-bit precision but infinite shader programme length but not full PS 3.0 support.

I'll reply later as I finally see a good discussion growing here but I have to go to school. Keep it up fellas :)

~Adam

Originally posted by Hiyruu
Playstation 3?

Pixel Shader 3.0 :p

Also, it is highly possible that the r420 does support PS 3.0, but ATi is downplaying it because their card doesn't do it that well. I can't make any further comments, as I haven't seen ATi's next gen hardware yet, and neither has anyone else really, so stop speculating either way. ;)

Originally posted by Kurak
Pixel Shader 3.0 :p

Also, it is highly possible that the r420 does support PS 3.0, but ATi is downplaying it because their card doesn't do it that well. I can't make any further comments, as I haven't seen ATi's next gen hardware yet, and neither has anyone else really, so stop speculating either way. ;)

You mean Hellbinder hasn't all the l33t inFoz? oH noZ!!

Originally posted by Veniosis
Yep...the R420 brand new core will eventually have the PS3.0 support, but not the X800pro, I'll bet the XT will have it.

the X800 of video cards will use the same core. Major difference will be the amount of pipelines and core/mem speeds

Originally posted by SnakEyez187
You aren't quite the one who is admitting to knowing nothing difinitive either

I'm not? Ok hows this:

I know absolutely nothing about R420. I have only read FUD on the Internet about it.

As for the 6800, I know only whats been posted at various review sites.

That work?

I'd love to see guys like Hellbinder do the same.

Back