R.A.T. 7 is dying, may need to replace...

CeZemal

Weaksauce
My beloved RAT7 that I have owned and used thoroughly for the past ~2.5 years may be on its way out. The left click feels and sounds oh so weak, almost like a death rattle. As the days go by, the left click feels weaker and weaker, to the point where one day I feel it may go down, never to rise on its own ever again. And this day might quickly be approaching.

Problem is, I can't just get a new one. This one that I have here is one of the last RATs made by Cyborg, before Madcatz bought them out and decided to take the good quality Cyborg products and replace good quality materials with sh!tty materials (presumably to save money) to then be sold under the Madcatz moniker. A friend of mine, inspired by my awesome batmobile looking mouse, purchased one for himself. Lo and behold, it was a Madcatz, and not a Cyborg, and the differences in overall quality and feel were absolutely appalling.

Therefore if a new mouse is in fact in my future, it will not be another RAT 7, for the reasons above. However, I really am a fan of the style, and especially the little pinky wing on the outer side of it. I love that thing, really makes gripping it effortless.

So my question is, what mice out there might compare to the feel of the RAT7? Or, for those that do not like the RAT, which would you recommend? The only real thing I need in a mouse is 5 buttons, any more is a plus I suppose.

tl;dr: My RAT 7 is dying, what do the [H]ard ones like to use to guide their mouse cursors across their monitors and in their games?

Back