QX9770 for $350, bite it?

FatboyHK

Limp Gawd
My friend give me this offer, should I bite or not?

Before you start, no, it is not a scam :D My friend is extremely rich and he just upgraded to i7 965, leaving an once-$1299 chip in his drawer. I told him I am interested and he gave me this offer without any hesitation.

To give you an idea how rich he is, he ran his QX9770 at stock, and he runs his i7 965 at stock also. He just chose the most expensive CPU available in the market, no question asked :cool:

OK, enough story telling. So should I bite it? Check my current build in my sig. I think I have the following choice:

1. Bite it now, and use it for the coming 2 years

2. Give it up and go for a total overhaul now, i7 + x58 + 3ch DDR3

3. Give it up wait until 32nm i7

any suggestion?

QX9770 for $350 is an amazing deal, considering the CPU retails for $1,399. If anything, get it for $350 and sell it for $1000. Or you can sell it to me for $350...

Get it, sell it on ebay, should be able to get 5-600 for it, save the money for the i7 or use the money to get a Q9550 and come out 300 bucks ahead or use the other 300 bucks on a video card upgrade etc.

Buy it and chuck it on eBay. If it sells, you'll make back at least double what you spent.

To give you an idea how rich he is, he ran his QX9770 at stock, and he runs his i7 965 at stock also. He just chose the most expensive CPU available in the market, no question asked :cool:

it's people like this that justify me overclocking ;)

as other have said, buy it use it or sell it for double that on ebay.

i dont think he is rich (well he is but..), so much as he is just stupid and wants to brag he "overpaid" for performance ;) your gain his loss.

Since you already have a compatible board , buy it and OC it to 4GHz.It should be a no brainer.

As for selling it and gain a profit , if I were him , I'd be mad at this , he could have done that himself.He choose instead a give you a sweet deal.

I find it hilarious that people blame others for not OC and going top range ; it's a personal choice.Not all Ferrari/Porsche users tune their cars.If you bought a Ford instead , yeah by tunning it you can get better performance , it will still be a Ford. :p

That analogy clearly doesn't work here lol. Mainly because these chips are all made by intel and all essentially the same. No one is looking at the "body" of your cpu either...

Since you already have a compatible board , buy it and OC it to 4GHz.It should be a no brainer.

As for selling it and gain a profit , if I were him , I'd be mad at this , he could have done that himself.He choose instead a give you a sweet deal.

I find it hilarious that people blame others for not OC and going top range ; it's a personal choice.Not all Ferrari/Porsche users tune their cars.If you bought a Ford instead , yeah by tunning it you can get better performance , it will still be a Ford. :p
You could, however, be damn proud that your supe'd up Cobra just dusted an F430 off the line. :)

[Not that I'm a fan of either - 'Vette 4 Life!]

Ha, wile I don't blame someone for not OCing, it's a choice to see what you can get out of a system, but the analogy is off a bit, not OCing a QX9770 is more like buying a "Ferrari/Porsche" that comes pre "tuned" from the factory and only driving it in town at 35mph. As there is already enough "under the hood" all he has to do is push down the pedal.

i would feel a little guilty profiting from a friend, but would buy it and resell it giving him a cut.

Buy it and use it...selling it at a profit is a shitty thing to do to a friend.

Back