I've problems OC'ing my CPU. Well, not really problems as such, but I need an incredibly high core voltage to get it stable. I'm wondering if I just got unlucky with my CPU, or if I'm doing something wrong, since this is the first computer I've tried to OC.
My system:
QX9650
850W CoolerMaster PSU
Asus Maximus Extreme
4*2GB Corsair DDR3 1333( 9, 9, 9, 24 )
9800GX2
At the moment my CPU is at 3.8ghz( 10* 380 ), memory at 1525mhz( 8, 8, 8, 20 ) and MB FSB at 333mhz. This OC is stable, both the RAM and the CPU( getting about 38degrees idle and 60-65 degrees celsius when running Prime95, according to RealTemp with TjMax95C ).
Now to the problematic part. To achive this OC I need the following Bios voltages:
vCore@1.450( 1.408 in Windows )
Memory@1.92
NB&FSB@1.50'ish
Isn't that *very high* for the vCore? My OC seems to be fine, but the reason I brought it up was because I noticed other people could do a 4ghz OC on this CPU with only 1.30-1.38 Bios vCore. For me, on the other hand, the computer will fail when loading windows if I bring the vCore down to less than 1.42 or so. Any ideas? Am I ruining my CPU running the vCore this high? And I don't suppose there's any chance getting it to 4ghz, considering that would probably take at least 1.475v?
Funny thing is, when I tried a lower OC some time ago, 3.6'ish ghz I believe, I didn't even need to mess around with the voltage at all, I could just let it be at Auto and it would be perfectly stable.
My system:
QX9650
850W CoolerMaster PSU
Asus Maximus Extreme
4*2GB Corsair DDR3 1333( 9, 9, 9, 24 )
9800GX2
At the moment my CPU is at 3.8ghz( 10* 380 ), memory at 1525mhz( 8, 8, 8, 20 ) and MB FSB at 333mhz. This OC is stable, both the RAM and the CPU( getting about 38degrees idle and 60-65 degrees celsius when running Prime95, according to RealTemp with TjMax95C ).
Now to the problematic part. To achive this OC I need the following Bios voltages:
vCore@1.450( 1.408 in Windows )
Memory@1.92
NB&FSB@1.50'ish
Isn't that *very high* for the vCore? My OC seems to be fine, but the reason I brought it up was because I noticed other people could do a 4ghz OC on this CPU with only 1.30-1.38 Bios vCore. For me, on the other hand, the computer will fail when loading windows if I bring the vCore down to less than 1.42 or so. Any ideas? Am I ruining my CPU running the vCore this high? And I don't suppose there's any chance getting it to 4ghz, considering that would probably take at least 1.475v?
Funny thing is, when I tried a lower OC some time ago, 3.6'ish ghz I believe, I didn't even need to mess around with the voltage at all, I could just let it be at Auto and it would be perfectly stable.