Quote of the Day

So why isn't sharing college textbooks between friends a felony?

We all know they cost like 2 gold bars... and thats why they do it...

Then reselling books isn't a crime... but reselling movies is...

Mindfrak.

So why isn't sharing college textbooks between friends a felony?

We all know they cost like 2 gold bars... and thats why they do it...

Then reselling books isn't a crime... but reselling movies is...

Mindfrak.

If there are online assignments, etc. then they get tied to one login in my experience, so they're doing it as well.

We're moving in the direction that the software or media is essentially rented and resales are obliterated. So it might be legal but useless, and login/id's can't be sold per user agreements.

It's very obvious that Biden was chosen so the President wouldn't have to fear being assassinated.

we seem to be discussing two different issues here, one the strict, legal definition of copyright infringement, as applied in a court of law, and, the moral one, as applied by your grandmother just before she whacks for "stealing" cookies. or more on topic, how you should feel after grabbing a couple of TB of movies from the net.

in the first case, your criminal record will reflect the fact you infringed on a copyright.

in the second, you KNOW you did wrong, or should if you were not raised by wolves or something.

try and bullshit someone else, but at least be honest with yourself.

I don't infringe copyright. Nobody is bullshitting you, you are just not understanding.

one thing i must say i like about all of this is back and forth bitching and bickering. This WHOLE debate is like asking someone if they masturbate; We've ALL done it (the infringing thing). Get off your fucking high horse white mustang and just drop it. you can lie to me and everyone else as much as you want. By getting on the internet somewhere in the timeline you've done it. Stop playing at it like you're so much better than anyone else because "you're justifying bad things". FUCK THAT. you've sped on the freeway, you've ran a stop sign or red light. you've raced against someone else's rice burner. yeah justify or not. get over that shit. infringe or don't. whatever. he said something that was stupid.

Depends on the republican, there are plenty of republicans that aren’t conservative. (Bush toward the end of his term, Mccain and O. Snowe are the ones that come to mind instantly. We call them RHINOS). I honestly don’t know how things would be if McCain would have got in, I honestly think things would be better economically but I don’t know by how much. I think this country would be WAY better off in terms of how the war is being handled, how the oil leak is being handled and how we are dealing with the enemy combatants we have in custody. We wouldn’t be reading Miranda rights on the battle field that’s for sure.
Like him or not, obama was NEVER qualified to be president. He has no experience in leadership, is fiscally illiterate and driven by the ideology of Sal Alinsky.

Now, if we had a true conservative in office things would be different. Luckily we have a successful tea party movement going in this country that will elect a lot of conservatives (Not rhinos) into office.
Actually, the term is RINOs (Republicans In Name Only).

The guy who badmouthed his employer in Rolling Stone Magazine? Yea, you get fired for that anywhere.
Yep, the general. I don't know that he badmouthed Obama and Biden as much as he did just poking fun. I wouldn't call it insubordination, but apparently that's what the McChrystal is being charged with. Obama just found another person whose ass he can kick. :eek:

Back